Wii Exercises

Options
Hi all need you help please

I've seen a few of you doing wii just dance and zumba as part of your exercise routine and was wondering how you log it when its not in the database?

Just done half hour of some serious dancing and not sure the best way to add it.

:wink:

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I usually use aerobic exercise if you are doing it for a specific time period straight through.

However the standard answer from others will be...use a heart rate monitor.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    yeh, that's what I was thinking of putting it under. Think I'm gonna have to get me one of those HRMs...
  • LaGordita87
    LaGordita87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I looked it up online and it says you burn approx. 6 cals. a min. doing the just dance game so i just created my own exercise and put it as 6 cals a min.
  • tobin1
    tobin1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had the same and the responce I got was http://www.zumbacalories.com/
    you go to the website above and enter your in fo and you will get the exact number of calories,I did enter it as dancing but come on you really sweat your a** off doing ZUMBA
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I had the same and the responce I got was http://www.zumbacalories.com/
    you go to the website above and enter your in fo and you will get the exact number of calories,I did enter it as dancing but come on you really sweat your a** off doing ZUMBA

I did that when I wanted to know how many cals I'd burned doing zumba n I was shocked at how little it said. I'd given it my all n its not something for the faint hearted is it!! :huh:
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi, i've been doing the just dance workout as a regular routine, i log it under aerobic dancing in the list but calories I do get from a heart rate monitor I have that I use for the gym. I know this proberly does'nt help. Calories burnt are hard as depends on your metobolism and also the speed of the workout. With these types of things deifferent songs are set at a different difficulty which means the calories can vary. x
  • loves2tap
    loves2tap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i do the just dance a lot for wii and had also wondered the same thing before. i looked it up and also asked another mfp pal who does it...i cant remember which one i looked up and found and which one said had found on a dance website....but i have these both...

4.2 sweats points = 1 calorie burned
    or
    divide your sweat points by 2.5

sometimes the calories burned seems a little high to me so i usually just do it as dancing. hope this helps some! =)