The doughnuts have too much power!

Options
Maybe it will help if I get this off my chest.

A coworker brought in 5 dozen doughnuts (good ones too!) to work today in celebration of his birthday. There are about 60 people in our office. How very thoughtful of this gentleman. Unfortunately for me, the doughnuts are driving me crazy because they are still there. A lot of them. I have avoided them completely. I can't see them from where I sit. I can't smell them, thank goodness. But I know they're there. And in abundance. I'm very irritated with myself that I can't stop thinking about them. I have 2 more hours to go and have thought of the doughnuts at least 30 times. It's actually making me kinda angry. I don't want to be like this. I don't want to think about food like this. I hate it.

Replies

• squirreltastic
    squirreltastic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's ok. I think many people go through this. There is a bag of cookies in my kitchen right now that's been calling my name. It's actually a good idea to treat yourself periodically. If you have the calories to spare, get one (or half of one). Sometimes I get a little bit of something and then just walk to offset it. If you really want to resist completely, is there a project that will really take up your attention?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that can't be easy. Start thinking of the donuts as what they really are...little pouches of deep-fried sugar and fat that want to clog your arteries, mess with your insulin levels and basically...ruin your life.

Donuts are the enemy. Hate them. They deserve it.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    It's ok. I think many people go through this. There is a bag of cookies in my kitchen right now that's been calling my name. It's actually a good idea to treat yourself periodically. If you have the calories to spare, get one (or half of one). Sometimes I get a little bit of something and then just walk to offset it. If you really want to resist completely, is there a project that will really take up your attention?

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I do treat myself. Plenty. In this instance though, none is better than even 1/2 of one. Especially since there are so many of them and they are too easy to obtain.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Yeah, that can't be easy. Start thinking of the donuts as what they really are...little pouches of deep-fried sugar and fat that want to clog your arteries, mess with your insulin levels and basically...ruin your life.

Donuts are the enemy. Hate them. They deserve it.

LOL Donuts are out to ruin my life...I like that. That helped a little.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I so understand how you feel. I have great will power BUT, there is a tray of cookies from my favorite bakery on the diningroom table in a plastic tupperware container. They have been there since Christmas. They are almost gone. I have in my house two teenage daughters and a huband that have been eating them. I had only TWO on Christmas day. HOWEVER... I know they are there and they bothered me so much for about five days. I coudnt smell them or see them. The bowl is not see thru.

Also, my youngest daughter works at a donut shop. She is always on last shift and is allowed to take as many as she wants home. A normal day she will bring home two dozen assorted donuts. It drove me crazy. I asked her not to bring them home. She stopped bringing them home unless she has friends to share with or to take them to school the following morning for a class. They are still there....

I have learned to think about how much one donut or cookie weighs. Because it will help me add on weight I dont want. Also, that if I eat it then I will become sick. By sick... I mean that my body is not used to that kind of food anymore. I view it as a food allergy. If I eat it then I risk not feeling well in my stomach or brain. I do have a food allergy to peanuts so I use that frame of mind TO HELP ME. It seems to work for me. Oh yea, I LOVE PEANUTS. I just cant eat them...I have bad reactions.

It is a lifestyle to eat healthy and yes we are tempted. I know how hard the temptation can be! BE STRONG! :happy:

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    An allergy....hmmm....I like that too. Symptom? Weight gain!
  • EbonyK
    EbonyK Posts: 92
    Options
    I know what you mean. It's crazy. Once I haven't had junk food for a while I don't crave it but once I do it takes about a week to get back from craving it. Good luck and good job for resisting!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Since term restarted at school people have been bringing in their excess Christmas goodies to save them being eaten at home. this is so unfair, as I now have to resist their goodies as well as the ones still at my home.
    I am having only moderate success so far.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want a donut :smile: :wink:
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Donuts are the enemy! I had to change the place where I get coffee occasionally because they were taking over the place. Sometimes I buy one and think .. I'll only eat 1/2 - ONE time I did that - the odds are not good. Better to stay away or think about them? It's def a dilemna.