help

Options
I always start a diet but dont even go to a week with it but this time i want to last for a very long time i think because i want to lose 50 lbs to be at a healthy weight
But i have problems with snacking any suggestions it seems like im always hungry

Replies

• mafafa_yeye
    Options
    I always start a diet but dont even go to a week with it but this time i want to last for a very long time i think because i want to lose 50 lbs to be at a healthy weight
    But i have problems with snacking any suggestions it seems like im always hungry
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    fruits are always a great option for snacking! it works for me! stick to the more water based fruits:)
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi
    A couple things that might help you out this time is perhaps dropping the word 'diet' from your vocabulary and instead thinking of it as a lifestyle change of healthy eating. Sometimes that word 'diet' can keep us stuck and we give up as it's simply just another 'diet' like ones we've failed on so many times in the past.

An idea to keep the hunger at bay... many of here eat 5-6 mini meals a day..depending on your MFP calorie allotment daily you just break up the cals into that many meals. This will keep your metabolism boosted throughout the day and your bloodsugars leveled out. When we eat only a few times a day our blood sugars are zooming up and down which can then cause craving for simplyecarbs or simply bring about hunger.

Another thing is at each meal combining a carb/protein together can help keep your satiisfied much longer than a carb by itself or a protein by itself. A carb provides energy which we need, protein provides what we need for things like strength training and a feeling of being satified.

HTH
    FC
  • mutkin
    mutkin Posts: 109
    Options
    I consider myself an addict. If the bad food is in the house, I will want it. I'll find any reason to snack. So, my suggestion would be to get rid of all the trigger foods in your house. Also, try to eat less processed foods. And, perhaps after a week or so, you will slowly start becoming more satisfied with what you're eating.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Drink lots of water! Watch your sugar. :happy:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to avoid snacking is to get the snacks out of the house. That's how I do it. Every sunday the wife and I go food shopping, and make our own snack sized baggies of healthy stuff. Here are some healthy alternatives.

if you like then have

chips and dip --> whole wheat pretzel rods and low fat cottage cheese

salty stuff
    > Hot air poped popcorn with mrs dash and a light spray of I can't belive it's not
    butter light

Chocolate
    > Hersheys sugar free chocolate stuff (many kinds), go light, there's sugar
    alcohol in there and that can be harsh.

just something to gnaw on ----> blueberries. 1 cup is only 83 calories and the sugar is Fructose,
    which doesn't spike the blood sugar like sucrose (table sugar)
    or
    A fresh cucumber. a WHOLE cucumber is only 24 calories!