Corn Pudding

Options
Umeboshi
Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
I tried Corn Pudding for the first time this thanksgiving with my girlfriend's family. It's one of my new favorite dishes. :) I found a recipe online for it and modified it a little. This makes 4 servings but you can double it and make 8 servings if you have a big family. If you double it you can get away with using 5 eggs instead of six. I just didn't want to throw away half an egg.. and i love eggs. xD Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

1 can of cream-style corn
1 cup of frozen corn, warmed in the microwave
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon melted margarine
2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
3 eggs

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add melted margarine, sugar, and milk. Whisk in cornstarch. Stir in corn and creamed corn. Blend well. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
3. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

NUTRITION:

Serving Size - 1/4 Batch

Per Serving:

Calories 239
Fat 8 g
Sodium 435 mg
Carbs 41 g
Protein 8g

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Options
    I tried Corn Pudding for the first time this thanksgiving with my girlfriend's family. It's one of my new favorite dishes. :) I found a recipe online for it and modified it a little. This makes 4 servings but you can double it and make 8 servings if you have a big family. If you double it you can get away with using 5 eggs instead of six. I just didn't want to throw away half an egg.. and i love eggs. xD Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

1 can of cream-style corn
    1 cup of frozen corn, warmed in the microwave
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 tablespoon melted margarine
    2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
    2 tablespoons corn starch
    3 eggs

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
    2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add melted margarine, sugar, and milk. Whisk in cornstarch. Stir in corn and creamed corn. Blend well. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
    3. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

NUTRITION:

Serving Size - 1/4 Batch

Per Serving:

Calories 239
    Fat 8 g
    Sodium 435 mg
    Carbs 41 g
    Protein 8g
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My family makes something like this, but with the addition of Jiffy Mix Corn Muffin Mix...which takes the cals out of control! I'll have to try it this way for Easter! We do love our corn casserole for holidays!
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    My family makes something like this, but with the addition of Jiffy Mix Corn Muffin Mix...which takes the cals out of control! I'll have to try it this way for Easter! We do love our corn casserole for holidays!

I like this because it's less like corn bread and more like a nice custard with corn in it. :)
    Also because It's cheaper to skip putting jiffy mix in! lol:laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ok, jiffy mix is only 33 cents :laugh: , that aside I have to say this doesn't sound good but to each his own! Are you all from the south? I have never heard of such a dish but I bet my family would love it, I might try making it for the next family get together and see how it goes, who knows I just might love it....:noway:
  • Umeboshi
    Options
    Ok, jiffy mix is only 33 cents :laugh: , that aside I have to say this doesn't sound good but to each his own! Are you all from the south? I have never heard of such a dish but I bet my family would love it, I might try making it for the next family get together and see how it goes, who knows I just might love it....:noway:

Lol really? I always assume that I can't get anything at the grocery store for less than a dollar.

I'm from Michigan, pretty far from the south. :laugh: But my girlfriend's mom got the recipe from her other daughter in Georgia.

It does sound kinda weird, but lord it's delicious! To me anyway. :tongue:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

We're from Ohio & my g.ma has made "corn casserole" as long as I can remember. I do see where you'd think it sounds like a southern dish, though. It is surprisingly good!