Anyone Ever Get Sick as a Result of their Whey Protein?

Options
I recently switched whey protein powders from EAS basic whey protein to GNC Pro Amblified Wheybolic Extreme 60 whey protein. I have felt bloated, some what nausious, indigestion like feelings after only one days use. I am not sure if it is the whey protein or just coming down with something.

I still went to the gym today but took it lighter than normal, I ate more carbs than solid protein today too just to see if I can get through this feeling. Anyone else ever get sick as a result of their whey protein or switching whey proteins? Love to hear some opinions on this. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    It's the type of whey that is being used. Whey protein ISOLATE is preferred if you get gastric issues from normal whey powders.
  • EricPowershopGym
    Options
    That's what u get for buying gnc brand. Buy one from the gym. Optimum has been solid for us for years
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I actually had terrible gatric issues from EAS protein powder. Now I use a 100% whey isolate powder (Jay Robb) and it doesn't bother me at all.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    The GNC Chocolate make me want to get sick. I switch to banana and so far so good!
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I use the Jay Robb powder from time to time and don't have any issues. I mix it with a banana and unsweetened coconut milk from a carton.
  • jesseronning
    Options
    That's what u get for buying gnc brand. Buy one from the gym. Optimum has been solid for us for years

Haha... probably true. Just looking for any edge I could get and I read the reviews for this whey protein and sounded very good. I will give it another go after I feel 100% and if it does not feel right I will see if I can return it for something else.
  • jesseronning
    Options
    Sound kind of like a trial and error thing for everyone... thanks for the replys. I will see if this is how I feel after I am 100% to make sure that it is indeed the whey protein.
  • kaw487
    kaw487 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have digestive issues with whey protein too - just average ones make me nauseous and so I switched to MRM 100% All Natural Whey (I got it from bodybuilding.com). I've had no problems since switching to this one - my stomach tolerates it SO much better! Basically the protein is just broken down so you digest it more easily. Here is the fancy description though:

Special Processing & Blend All Natural Whey delivers the optimal source of whey protein by combining a highly refined ultrafiltered, agglomerated whey protein concentrate, cross flow microfiltered and ion-exchange processed whey. This highly specialized processing system ensures a high quality protein source in the form of short and long chain peptides, to increase protein retention - high biological value (HBV).* All Natural Whey is also remarkably high in branched chain amino acids (BCAA´s), which are the most required amino acids needed to replenish muscle stores that are utilized during strenuous exercise.*