Hi From a Mummy in The UK!

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Lou, I'm 23 and from the UK. I live with my partner Alex and our 3 year old daughter, Keira.

Before being pregnant I was 8 and a half stone, I shot up to 12 stone at the end of my pregnancy then was 9 and a half stone. Now I'm 11 and a half stone as the weight gradually crept back on the last 3 years due to snacking, barely any exercise and drinking at weekends.

For a while now I have felt 2012 is my year, I am truly giving it my all and began 4 days ago exercising every day and cutting the crap out my life including the booze. I'm gonna be weighing myself every Sunday and keep my fingers crossed I drop 2 stone at the least.

I am really friendly and chatty, will chat to anyone so don't hesitate to give me a add.

Lou

Replies

• SAJI67
    SAJI67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Lou,

I'm in NY and loved your post. I can tell you are psyched to lose the weight. The alcohol is a killer calorie wise. I was your standard glass or two of wine a day girl, and have completely stopped. Somebody told me that WIld Turkey has no carbs, LOL! Maybe once a week if you like that sort of thing you can treat yourself. I believe in cutting things out but also rewarding myself weekly. I am totally off the sweets, but made this silken tofu based chocolate pie that is amazing and froze individual pieces of it so I can eat one slice per week. Abnoxious I know, but I need to drop 30lbs! My youngest son is 12 and I have been carrying the weight for that long and livin' the good life.

Take care and best wishes.

Sherry
  • LoraaGi
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm Lora , 27 from UK . Mummy of 4 . I am currently 9stone ( 126lbs ) I am wanting to drop 14lbs ( 1 stone ) I am 5"3 . This is heaviest I have been ( other then when pregnant )

I have to started working out for 4 days and calorie watching . My limit is 1200 on myfitnesspal application on my phone . I'm doing around an hour and a half each day before school run . I use Wii Fit at the moment ;) Trying to build up confidence to go gym . I will have to work that around nursery run for my youngest .

I am also vegetarian and amneic , I take daily supplements ( not calories thankfully !! )

I have a 'jelly belly' that I want to tone up ... So please if anyone has any tips .. please share ;D

Look forward to talking to you all ... please feel free to add me ;D x
  • x_Lou_B_x
    Options
    Hi Sherry, thanks for replying :),

We sound a bit similar in our vices, I too love sweets could get through loads but replacing them with fruit instead. I think with me the main thing is losing the weight for my health and peace of mind, plus I hate seeing pictures of me from a night out as there is no "good angle", the double chin comes out and big arms then when I look at pictures from 4 years ago it makes me sad. I wish you all the best in your weight loss, and we continue to chat :) .

Lou
  • x_Lou_B_x
    Options
    Hiya Lora :) ,

Sounds like you are off to a good start, my calorie intake for this app is 1,200 a day too, how are you finding it? I'm not finding it as hard as I thought I would seeing as I must have been on about 2,000 plus calories a day. I think to get slim and keep at that weight you need a permanent healthy eating plan for the rest of your life instead of doing what I was doing and eating fatty foods, chocolate and sweets every single day.

I exercise at home too, as have no confidence to go to the gym just yet but I reckon once I lose some weight I might start.

Keep at it girl, hope to speak to you more in the future :D

Lou
  • SAJI67
    SAJI67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Precisely why I have not added a picture to my profile. LOL. I should search for good thin one to put out here. My desired state, ya know? Well I made it through the week and kept to my calories. Would have liked to have gotten more exercise. Hard to fit in with work school son and hubby though. I plan on eating that fantastic piece of pie to reward myself tonight or tomorrow. I have been drinking those Atkins chocolate or carmel coffee protein shakes for sweet tooth also.take care.
    Sherry
  • lowton1
    Options
    :smile: hi lou. I'm Jackie and have just started my quest last monday to shed the pounds and get fit. I put a lot of weight on after suffering a long term illness and now I am recovered I am going to get the girl back that I was before. It has been a long 4 years fighting to get back to health so now I am going to pamper me with looking and feeling good about myself again. I am (dare I say) 51 but there's life in the old gal yet lol. We shall do it hun so well done for the desition and yes 2012 will be both our years xxxx
  • xkarlax
    xkarlax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi i'm a mummy from uk, have a little girl ava who is 19months..

have been back since monday and not doing to bad, could be better!! weighing in at 168lbs hieght 5ft 2 looking to get down to 130ish lbs!
    oh and im 23 feel free to add me x
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Howdy and welcome, I am from sheffield, 29 and have 2 children 9 and 2.

Lost 4stone, need to sort out these last few pounds that are sticking. Its totally doable, drink lots of water, find a workout you like and make lots of friends on here :)
  • x_Lou_B_x
    Options
    Hi Jackie :) .

So sorry to hear you had a long term illness, I don't know what it was but sounds horrible. But glad to hear you have recovered :) !

You sounds like you have some proper motivation there, that's great! 2012 shall defiantly be both of our years, I hope to speak to you some more on here :)

x
  • x_Lou_B_x
    Options
    Pictures are a nightmare for people who aren't happy with the way they look. They have been the cause of self loathing from time to time, let me tell you! I know exactly what you mean, I have a three year old daughter so exercising is out of the question until she has gone to bed most of the time which is a nightmare as after a long day I can't really be bothered. Savour every mouthful of the pie :) hope you enjoy it x
  • x_Lou_B_x
    Options
    Hi Karla :)

Goodness we sound very similar, both 23, both around the same height and weight and both with little girls!

I want to get down to around that weight too, it is what I was used too before falling pregnant and these past few years.

Gonna add you now hun, hope to speak to you some more :)

x
  • x_Lou_B_x
    Options
    Hiya :D

WOW 4 stone, well done you, that is inspiring to say the least!

Have you lost the 4 stone since being on here from the beginning? I truly think this site is gonna help me at long last, and make me succeed where I have failed in the past. Hope to speak to you some more

x