smaller thighs....? impossible!

Options
ma34113
ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
so i am not that tall of a person but i have always had these huge legs...my husband says stay away from stair steppers and uphill runs, lunges, and other leg activities...because they would make my legs bigger.....WHAT???

im so lost on how to make my legs smaller. what workout would make my legs big and what workouts will make them smaller...anyone with experience?...its been mission impossible for me

Replies

• SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't agree with that. I've ALWAYS had huge hips and thighs (one of those bottom heavy people)... I started out at 189... and currently I'm around 155. I still have pretty big legs, but they didn't get bigger.

I run a lot now. It's my main source of exercise actually... I would encourage you to do more of a light jog for a while rather than sprinting while you run. Sprinting builds muscles... while light jogs over a period of time burns fat. Though you can build muscle still while doing that, your legs shouldn't dramatically increase. My thighs have actually shrunk because I can fit into some pants that were too tight on my thighs before.

I hope this information is a little more motivating to hear. If you'd like to see my before/after pictures I'd be happy to show you :)
  • kbee784
    kbee784 Posts: 27
    Options
    I feel ya!! For my height and frame, my thighs and hips are larger than I feel they should be. Always the last places I lose weight :(
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I've read that stuff like Pilates elongates your muscles. But if your thighs are a lot of fat, doing leg exercises can make your legs more muscle than fat so they will look smaller!