My 41 yr old husband is 12.

Options
chelsifina
chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
Just needing to vent a little marital rage here. My husband, a 41 year old, highly educated and successful attorney, blew up my Dyson vacuum cleaner last night by incorporating it into his ****-eyed scheme to save water. Though I applaud his motivation (we are in a terrible drought) I am still furious at the stupidity of it all. He decided that he would use the leftover bath water from the kids' evening bath to water his garden. He stuck one end of the garden hose in the bathtub, which is upstairs, then through the bathroom window, down the wall and out into the garden. Then he attached this end to my DYSON to initiate the suction in order to siphon the water into the garden. The vacuum cleaner, of course, quickly filled with water, sparked, shorted out our fuse box, and died. He does not understand why I am angry as this was an "accident". I agreed to "for better or for worse, in sickness and health" but what about "throughout bouts of insane idiocy and thoughtlessness"? Did I agree to that? Sheesh.

Replies

• NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an episode of "Home Improvement"

That is hilarious.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    That is hilarious! Well, you know now he's no Engineer huh?!
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Don't be mad at the guy though.

He was just trying to help.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a wet/dry shop vac along with a new Dyson? That's a little bit crazy though! Don't let him do anything electrical.
  • dharma70
    dharma70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This is the same guy who, at the age of 23, stuck 2 keys in an electrical socket to see what would happen. He hasn't done that since.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Hilarious to me but if it was my Dyson heads would roll. Those things are pricey (hence the reason I do not actually own one).
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he needs a sammich. :frown:
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This sounds like some hair brained scheme that my husband would come up with. I'm not sure if I should laugh because there are more men like him or cry because there are more men like him...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Today you are rightfully pissed. But in about a year or so, this will magically transform into one of the funniest stories EVER. We can all see how funny it is now, bc it wasn't our $400 that bought that Dyson......LOL
  • jimmyslogic
    Options
    Take it easy on him. At least he was trying to be inventive :-)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I probably should fear for my life now. smiley-scared003.gif
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Where I live it's $0.06 a litre.

I don't blame him.
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    looool that's hilarious! My partner cracked the barrel on my dyson a couple of weeks ago (he's not allowed to use it anymore) but yours takes the cake! too funny
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    For once in my life, I'm thankful I came from a cracker background where we know how to siphon!
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show you your attorney husband isn't a rocket scientist!! Seriously, water & electricity - what was he thinking??? Why do you think they put warnings on hair dryers??!
  • Nbean24
    Nbean24 Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh man this totally sounds like something my fiance would do. I caught him using my hairdryer on our chicken dinner one night to "make the skin crispy."

While I applaud his effort.....whatever happened to a bucket?! He could have saved water AND burned some major calories running up and down the stairs and out to the garden ;)
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Oh my GAWD! I would be so pissed, too. As long as he replaced ASAP! I'd let it go. I'm sure he feels stupid enough. LOL The Dyson is the diamond of all vacuums... I feel your pain.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :laugh: OMGoodness!!! Yes, that is HILLARIOUS!!! :laugh:

But seeing as how expensive Dyson's are??? Yep, I'd be ticked, too!!! :angry: Make him buy you a new one!!! The top of the line one, at that!!! :wink:
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Oh man this totally sounds like something my fiance would do. I caught him using my hairdryer on our chicken dinner one night to "make the skin crispy."

While I applaud his effort.....whatever happened to a bucket?! He could have saved water AND burned some major calories running up and down the stairs and out to the garden ;)

I cannot stop laughing at the visual of using a hairdryer to make chicken skin crispy :laugh: :laugh: