I need help with recipes!

Options
binariiangel
binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
Hey everyone,
Hope you're all having a good week, and are starting the new year off strong. My grandmother recently came to live with us, and she doesn't have any teeth yet, (we have to wait to get her dentures made). I'm trying to come up with some healthy, but yummy recipes for her, I'm sure she's getting tired of different kinds of soup, and apple sauce, and puddings. We're getting our new fridge tomorrow because up until that point all we've had is a mini-fridge that I couldn't store much in. Any help, thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• MsPinVa
    MsPinVa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Due to her physical situation, and your healthy eating habits - I would look at making soups around different cuisines. Italian -minestrone, or a tomato based soup with lots of flavor. Peanut soup ( a thing here in colonial area) Gumbo, Mexican Tortilla (sans fresh topped on hers) Chilli. Your only hurdle would be blending/puring/grating enough of the items so she can manage, and making sure all noodles are well done. The great part about it is, when you make these from scratch, they have way more flavor. When I make a pot of soup, I calorie count as I add ingredients, then I divide the count of "servings" I create from a laddle. You can alway puree/blend the crap out of what you eat and serve
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    anything can be ground up in a blender ... or you can use ground turkey, chicken or beef.. baked fish, tuna ,white or sweet potatoes either mashed or a chessey potato casserole , pudding,jello, shakes , scrambled eggs, pancakes, muffins, veggies you can mash like carrots ,cauliflower and peas, any type of pasta you can cook till its squishy almost and make spagetti , mac and cheese , alfredo sauce, gravies , grilled cheese with crust cut off , baked beans , fruits easy to cut like watermelon and bananas
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    oh yes and creamy peanut butter and jam ..with the crust cut off if she cant chew the crust
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your help! I forgot about all the foods you guys mentioned. I've got a Ninja blender that I have to find all the pieces to so I can start pureeing her food.