Sweet Tooth

Options

Replies

• slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you will have to check them out. :happy: believe it or not. And most people don't... I don't like chocolate, pizza or Soda. But I do like peanut butter :glasses:
  • deezeeak
    Options
    Have U tried a stick of gum or maybe some Ice water. I know it sounds kinda goofy, but Ice water helps me and if it doesnt, then I'll try some gum or maybe some fruit. If you really have that bad of a sweet tooth, try getting some fig newton cookies. Hang in there, it'll get easier. I'm the same way, but if I can curb my sweet tooth, U can too!!

Delanie
  • lsminkey
    Options
    I really like the cocoa roast almonds from emerald. Protein and a chocolate fix in one! They have convenient 100 calorie packs, so I find it easy to control how much I eat!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I keep micro wave kettle corn in the cupboard.
  • loserforlife
    Options
    I keep micro wave kettle corn in the cupboard.
    My dr said those pudding cups are only 100 calories and has calcuim in te=hen=m
  • slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas. There are times that I want what I want and nothing can satisfy that craving. But then there are those times that anything sweet will do. You guys gave me some good Ideas. Thanks. I have to stock up on some popcorn, greek yogurt, pudding, whipped topping and fig newtons. :flowerforyou:

Talking about it really helped.
  • cancunpink
    Options
    Sugar-free gum has worked for me.
  • cannersport55
    Options
    I can't speak for weight watchers ice cream but one of the healthiest ice creams I have found on the market is Skinny Cow. I think it's something like 120 calories per bar with little or no fat. Someone else's suggestion of protein/energy bars is good too. Clif Bar's are by far the best tasting ones readily available. A lot of their flavors are dessert like too.
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I find that brushing my teeth immediately after a meal helps quash any cravings for sweet food.
  • Skeeter1975
    Options
    I have the worst sweet tooth. So what I have done and its working so far is this. I purchased a pkg of hershey kisses. The hugs are my favorite. When I am done my excersises I reward myself with 2. However I let them melt in my mouth so that the reward lasts longer and 2 little kisses are much better than a donut cookie or a full chocolate bar. It has been satisfying my cravings and I have actually been enjoying them!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I save calories and eat ice cream every night, Well most nights. I think it's a lifestyle change not a diet. I plan to eat ice cream and other sweets, but just not as much as I used to. I used to snack all day, now I save my treats for after my kids go to bed. It's TOM. Right now, so I've snacked a little more than I should this week, but still not over my calories. You can do this! Don't feel deprived, feel in control!
  • twildmann
    Options
    The Fiber One Brownies are awesome and they are only 90 calories. I also like the slim fast peanut butter crunch bars...they taste just like butterfingers but only 100 calories. Skinny cow also makes some yummy stuff. Good luck!
  • mareowner
    Options
    Me too, me too! I void my house of super high calorie stuff (even take it to work so it isn't there to eat) but keep hard candy on hand. I don't obsess over that, yet it curbs the cravings.
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth too. How about trying flavored coffee? I sometimes have a decaf hazelnut and just recently had raspberry chocolate truffle coffee with sweetener. For the time being it satisfies my craving for chocolate and I get that warm tummy feeling after I finish a mugful that not big on calories. For 'creamer' I use nonfat milk.
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I am the same way! My go to has been ice cream. Tonite I found mini mint ice cream sandwiches at Trader Joes. One sandwich is 60 calories and really good. Skinny cow ice cream treats are great too!!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump good ideas
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    try tea... I have the same problem but I have a new method... I would dive it 15 mins and if I want it I would eat it, I try to talk myself out of it !
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Here's what I like to do:

I buy a bag of Nestle mini morsels and divvy them into these teeny dishes (I get them at the dollar store-8 for a buck). Each one has 1 TBSP of morsels. I grab one, eat the morsels one at a time, and by the time I'm done, I've consumed 70 calories and cured my craving.

I also have these mini ice cream treats from Schwan's that are 60 calories for a vanilla ice cream covered in dark chocolate. They hit the spot sometimes too. :)

I've also had and LOVE the weight watchers (I actually prefer the Aldi brand) fudge bars. 100 calories, 5 g of fiber!
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    take two grahm crackers and put fat free whipped cream between them and freeze...just like a ice cream sandwich:)

brilliant