Looking for upstate NY friends

Options
I enjoy walking, running, some exercise videos. Just need more motivation in this colder weather. Thanks :wink:

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Lived on Long Island my whole life, until 5 years ago when we moved to Houston. There's no way I could endure a winter like yours, certainly not anymore. Hope you find what you need to get motivated to brave the cold!
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just curious, where in upstate? My DH's family is all in Upstate, about 45 minutes north of Albany. :)
  • GCNerd
    GCNerd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Would you consider Rochester to be upstate or western NY?
  • Amyknits2
    Options
    I'm not sure where you mean by "upstate NY" but I'm just south of Albany. I'd love to connect with other "upstate NYers" for support! Let me know if you are interested in keeping a group together for support!
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm mid- upstate. Between Utica and Binghamton. About 3 hours up front NYC.
    I'm just looking for any NY friends really. Thanks
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in Watertown, near Syracuse.. and YES! its freezing... I added you
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I will be in Schaghticoke in April if you wanna wait awhile. Im originally from Port Jervis but moved to warmer weather in Florida.
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I live in Rochester, NY. It's been cold here! I do exercise outside in the wintertime (run) if you need that type of motivation.
  • Amyknits2
    Options
    Wow! It's great to see so many on this board from upstate! I can't believe today is 46 deg and sunny! I went to the fitness center this morning and had a trainer work on a program with me. I also did 6 miles on a recumbant bike. I was there for 2.5 hours with doing my cardio, spending an hour with the trainer and another small amount of time enjoying the water massage bed, red light therapy and massage chair. I'm tired but it was good for me to do it.

14545220.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • twinmommy508
    Options
    I'm originally from Utica, but I live in the Southern Tier now...Anyone from around here?
  • nyredhead23
    Options
    I live in Bainbridge (30 min. north of Binghamton) but am from the Bath NY area and still go back there quite often. Would love to have some friends that are close to me!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I live in Saratoga Springs, which is 45 minutes north of Albany. My husband is from Orchard Park, a suburb of Buffalo (home of the Bills) and I was born in Batavia, which is outside of Rochester. So, I have upstate NY covered. Please feel free to add me.
  • sillylily1960
    sillylily1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southern California and the weather is gorgeous, nice day to take a walk on the beach but with the gas prices, I will stay home and relax.
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Any new NY pals for me to add?
  • forest98520
    forest98520 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started a upstate ny group if anyone would like to join :glasses: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5538-upstate-new-york-pals
  • Organiclivingandfitness
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is natalie and I live in buffalo,ny..well lackawanna to be more specific lol. Looking for some friends.. And if u live in my area please feel free to add me.. Ooh and a workout partner would be great too lol