Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

More than 8 cups of water a day for exercise?

Hi everyone, I've been trying really hard to make sure I get in my 8 cups of water every day, which hasn't been easy for me because I was never the thirsty type, haha. But I've gotten pretty good at drinking the 8 cups every day. However, I just started the 30 Day Shred which does cause me to sweat and puts a lot of strain on my body, so I'm wondering if I need to drink even more water to make up for that. Is the 8 cups of water a day supposed to include what we drink while working out or do we need extra for that? I know it's just a minor detail but I'm doing everything I can to be healthier. Thanks!

Replies

• bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Oh yeah. If you are sweating a lot, you need to be drinking even more. Drink as much as you can. 8 cups is way too low if you are exercising enough to sweat
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    I have a 750ml water bottle with me all the time, and when it gets empty, i refill it.

i probably drink about 4-6 bottles, which is a least 3 litres of water a day.

i go to the gym every morning.
  • Yes. Make sure you hydrate an hour before exercise. Then, depending upon your sweat rate, drink up to 6-8oz of water per 15minutes during exercise--@24-32 oz standard water bottle will do the trick. Although the extra amount may seem extreme, this amount can really improve your performance and your post-workout energy levels. Also,make sure to consume extra water at the end of your workout--an extra 6-8 ounces.

A side note: Be careful with your timing when drinking! I speak from experience. If you're doing core work, you don't want belly "slosh," nor discomfort if you're jumping around.