Encouragement and motivation

Options
Hi!! I'm 29, almost 30, fairly new to this. I used it before and am back! I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds, and am pretty much doing it on my own. Hard to keep motivated and on track when there's no one to talk to!

I have 2 kids, both boys, 5 and 1. Not really sure I can use the "I just had a baby excuse" anymore.

Just looking for support and am willing to give it right back.

Good luck and stay strong!

Replies

• Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. i have been a member since 2009 and preach this site to everyone I know. My cousin is down 14lbs already and I'm still at 0. I just re-did my ticker to put my new starting weight aince I gained a bunch over the holidays. I have a 11yr old and 7yr old so can't use that excuse anymore either. Someone at work the other day actually asked if i was expecting:( My pants were so tight i almost unbuttoned them. I think I hit rock bottom and I have tracked since Monday and the scale is looking good! I'm going to make my weigh day's probably Friday or Saturday. the worse part is I'm going on a cruise with my girlfriends in a little over a month and I'm back at my heaviest!
  • Trinaw
    Options
    Sorry I hit enter too quick. Stay with it cause it does work, when you stick with it!
  • bindera
    bindera Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i just started tracking again and have about 30 lbs to use! i am looking for friends on here and want to keep motivated! feel free to add me
  • morningbell
    morningbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated and strong. You can do it. I always tell myself 'its a temporary sacrifice for a long term health'... Add me if you'd like. I'll help you :)
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    I had someone ask me when I was due a couple months ago. Worst feeling ever. I think that is when I really decided I needed to do something.

I have been going strong for about a week. Started back on MFP and started a 30 day work out challenge.

I need to find some way to figure out the difference between being bored and being hungry!
  • Trinaw
    Options
    Morning bell, Wow that is a great way to think about the whle process! Your down so much so it must work!! Great job! Chelleylynn the prego comment is what made me say enough is enough. I have to say I too eat a lot when i'm bored. I started cleaning things around the house or popping gum in my mouth instead of grabbing crap! Also drinking the flavored la croix has helped fill me up when I'm looking for just a little something.