Orange-Cranberry Spread - Great for turkey sandwiches & pani

Options
myboysmomx2
myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
Description:
This spread is a great compliment to oven roasted or smoked turkey sandwiches or panini's. It's often served during the holidays at restaurants with their seasonal sandwiches, but I like it year round. The traditional orange-cranberry relish uses whole fresh cranberries, oranges with peel and no seeds, and sugar. I liked the idea of making a very fast and easy canned version without the headache of having to use a food processor and fresh cranberries & oranges.

Ingredients:
1 can Ocean Spray Whole Cranberry Sauce
1.5 T. Orange Marmalade
1.8 t. Orange extract or less (optional)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in medium size bowl. Mix together by hand until combined. Spread on top of oven roasted or smoked turkey for your traditional, or use it as a spread for turkey sandwiches or panini's. I love to make my panini's with Arnold whole wheat sandwich thins, smoked turkey, and light Swiss cheese. After I grill my panini, I add a small amount of mixed greens, light olive oil mayonnaise, a slice of tomato, and sometimes a couple of slices of applewood smoked bacon. This is great served with a fresh fruit cup or soup as a side. This is one of my favorite sandwiches. Enjoy!

Serves: 25
Serving size: 1 Tablespoon
Calories: 29
Carbs: 7
Protein: 0
Fat: 0
Calcium: 0
Sodium: 3

TurkeyPanini2.jpg

Replies

• Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing!!! :)
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Description:
    This spread is a great compliment to oven roasted or smoked turkey sandwiches or panini's. It's often served during the holidays at restaurants with their seasonal sandwiches, but I like it year round. The traditional orange-cranberry relish uses whole fresh cranberries, oranges with peel and no seeds, and sugar. I liked the idea of making a very fast and easy canned version without the headache of having to use a food processor and fresh cranberries & oranges.

Ingredients:
    1 can Ocean Spray Whole Cranberry Sauce
    1.5 T. Orange Marmalade
    1.8 t. Orange extract or less (optional)

Directions:
    Combine all ingredients in medium size bowl. Mix together by hand until combined. Spread on top of oven roasted or smoked turkey for your traditional, or use it as a spread for turkey sandwiches or panini's. I love to make my panini's with Arnold whole wheat sandwich thins, smoked turkey, and light Swiss cheese. After I grill my panini, I add a small amount of mixed greens, light olive oil mayonnaise, a slice of tomato, and sometimes a couple of slices of applewood smoked bacon. This is great served with a fresh fruit cup or soup as a side. This is one of my favorite sandwiches. Enjoy!

Serves: 25
    Serving size: 1 Tablespoon
    Calories: 29
    Carbs: 7
    Protein: 0
    Fat: 0
    Calcium: 0
    Sodium: 3

Here's a picture :-)

TurkeyPanini2.jpg