Hello. Just had my 3rd baby, ready to DO this!

I'm 28 years old. I've *always* been overweight, as long as I can remember... I was teased as a kid. :(

As an adult, I have settled at around 180lbs (I'm 5'8"). My highest weight was 230 when I gave birth to each of my 3 sons. Well, my youngest is now 3 months old and I am done having babies, ready to get in shape for good! Today I am 208, and the weight is not dropping back to normal as quickly as it did the last 2 times... so I am going to have to say no to the cookies, and yes to the treadmill. I'm ready!

Today was day 1. I did it. Now I just have to do it about another 300 times and I think I'll be in good shape ;)

Replies

• Kickylanea
    Kickylanea Posts: 13 Member
    Glad to see you here!
  • You can do it! I have just discovered this site, and I am loving it so far! Everyone is great motivation to keep it up, and I find myself getting on more and more each day. Just think of what everyone will say to you when you log your food and exercise, and use that as your motivation. This morning, I was the one needing it, and tonight, I am feeling great about everything. Today at work, they bought a BUNCH of cookies and put them out for everyone, and I was strong enough to say no, and didn't even have a single cookie. I have never been able to do that before! If I can do it, you can too. I have been overweight my whole life, and I am ready for a change, and this is the best way I have found so far. Good luck in your journey!
  • WELCOME!!
    You can do it. Great attitude.
    That's such a huge first step.
    I like to keep in mind the amazing example I'm setting for my kids (I have four: 6, 4, 4, and 2)- putting my health at the top of the priorities sets the tone for them. We only get this one body, right :)
    Do your best and forget the rest!
    -Angie
  • Welcome!!!
    I too am done with the baby making. I have three girls 8,6 & 1. And it is so mommy's turn to get back to some kind of shape. Congrats on your baby boy & for taking this great big step for yourself. Would love to friend one another on here. And we can kick this in high gear with each others support. What do you say???: :bigsmile:

EIleen