My Secret Sugar-loaded Skinny Saboteur

Options
Returning to MFP today I discovered a sneaky saboteur to my skinny goals. I had only lost 8 lbs last Fall, but was feeling great about it. Sadly, I packed it all back on over the holidays. Looking forward to reaching New Year goals I decided to come back to MFP and see how much sugar was in my afternoon coffee ritual.

My afternoon coffee ritual consisted of: 8 oz of Coffee, 1 pkt of hot cocoa mix, 3 tbls half-n-half, 3 tbls Coffeemate Natural Vanilla creamer and a dash of cinnamon. I'd curb my afternoon slump and hunger with this concoction and a Luna bar. It was my one indulgence of the day. I used this to get out of the habit of eating chocolate covered raisins after dinner. But thanks to MFP I've discovered this ritual is:

453 Calories & 43 grams of SUGAR!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!

I've been wanting to substitute Green Tea for my Coffee anyway but have decided to adjust slowly. So this is my plan.

Temporary Substitute: 8 oz of Coffee & 1 Trader Joe's Frozen Latte & Coffee bar. This will total:

95 Calories & 8 grams of sugar :)

Eventually I will try to fade coffee out of my diet completely and transition to Green Antioxidant Tea. I love Luna bars and have found them to pack the least amt of sugar in the vitamin bar realm. So I may not say goodbye to them completely but will make sure not to combine them w/any other sugar intake so as to prevent a sugar spike.

Happy New Year to all and good luck reaching your goals :)