New and looking for friends!

Options
Hi there- I am 31 years old, a mother of a 3 year-old, and teacher. I need to lose about 30 pounds or so. I've been really into green smoothies and would love to add friends that might be doing some smoothies themselves. I'd love to share ideas and recipes. Please add me (weather you are into the smoothies or not). I need friends to help keep me encouraged! Thanks!

Jamie

Replies

• chellelynn30
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30 and have a 5 year old and a 1 year old. I've been looking at getting into the smoothies but as of yet have not tried any. Recommendations?
  • bluesunshine999
    Options
    Hi- I love green smoothies! I'm trying to have one for breakfast and one for lunch at work. Usually on the weekends I'll eat other breakfasts and lunches with my family. There are so many ways to make them (and they are all great!). I started by reading the green smoothie girl's blog and then learned about http://www.terawarner.com/blog/category/greensmoothies/ . I actually did a couple week detox last spring which was fantastic and I got a bunch of recipes.

My typical smoothie includes a banana or two as a base, then I add a few big handfuls of greens (spinach, kale, collards, whatever). It is good to rotate the greens to get a variety of helpful nutrients. Spinach is a good mild-tasting one to start with. After that I'll add some kind of frozen fruit, like blueberries, to make it colder. I add a little water if it seems too thick. There tons of recipes on the web, but I always like to hear what people are enjoying. Another one I like (that is very different) is honeydew melon, greens, and mint. It is more liquidy and the mint add a nice freshness.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Go ahead and try one! I think you'll like it. ;)

Take care,

Jamie
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am not super into smoothies. I have heard a lot about green smoothies, though, and I am intrigued. I am 30 and a mother of 4. I am looking for encouragement too. Will add you. :)
  • chellelynn30
    Options
    Definetly going to look into them. I've basically been drinking a lot of water and tea when I feel like I need something. Maybe the smoothies will help a little more. Thank you for your help