Please help me. I'm 18 and MUCH over my calorie goal :(

Options
2»

Replies

• alyciamay22
    Options
    hi there

first off, these calory counters on this site aren't accurate, it depends on the person, your age, height weight, activity level, and other factors. you also have to know where your calories are coming from. i am 41, only a few lbs over weight (14lbs one stone I believe), i teach yoga, coach boot camps, rock climb, i'm a very active person. this thing said i should only have 1200 calories a day. my resting bmo (base metabolic rate) - the calories i burn just lying in bed is 1467. that means all i do is lie there and breathe. if i only took in 1200 calories, i would die.

walk. walk and walk. switch out your cookies for a tangerine. and switch out the sausage for roast turkey. and btw if that is all you are eating, your body is going into conservation mode and then you will gain weight, because you aren't feeding it enough anyway. think of your body like a fireplace and your metabolism the fire. you need fuel to feed the fire. if you are starting to exercise, or at least do some walking daily, you will need to eat accordingly to keep everything burning properly. if you "can't be bothered to exercise" at least switch out some of your regular food for healthier choices, and lots of water. i bet you will see a difference quicker than you think. good luck! you can do it! reach out to me if you need any support or have questions!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Also, if you think 400cals is MUCH over, you would freak seeing my diary. I've been 2000 over before. Loved every delicious minute of it.

This!
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Make some healthy changes in your eating and add in some easy exercise. Maybe have one cookie and then an apple.

But first off learn to love yourself. You are worth making changes for your good. You are worth getting up and adding some activity into your day.
    I never add my exercise into MFP until after I have worked out so I don't wimp out of getting my exercise in.

Today I made horrible eating choice I ate junk food after junk food. But I did get a handle on it and stop, then tonight when I got on my elliptical I did the extra work to get work off those extra calories.