Hi :-) 60 yo female Australian, going to be 55 lb (25kg) les

Options
Hi
I am just turned 60, and sick of being overweight. I was fine until I was about 40, then I stopped working as a nurse and took a desk job; stopped playing squash, and stopped breastfeeding my last baby. I later had troubles with my feel (plantar faciitis) and found exercise painful.

HOWEVER I know these are just excuses/reasons and I need to modify my eating to suit the person I am now, not when I was younger. I know I have to move my body more and my mouth less, but find motivation the hardest thing, so have re-joined MFP as a way of focusing myself and motivating myself with all the great weight loss stories around.

I am thinking I should go take a photo of myself to keep, ready for when I have the new me to show everyone :-) I am aiming at loosing 10kg (22 lb) first, by May, as even that is going to be a vast improvement. It took 20 years for the weight to pile on so it's not all going to go in a few weeks!

My daughter's wedding on the 31 August is the catalyst for me beginning to get healthy.

Replies