30 Day Shred Successful?

2»

Replies

• Hi there,

According to generally available information if you excercise you are naturally increasing muscle mass which does increase metabolic activity thereby burning more calories. I would suggest that rather than looking to be a certain weight you might look to be a certain size. Remember that a pound of fat takes up more space than a pound of muscle... something to think on
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    I'm on day 3 of 30DS & day 3 of good eating & my scales are already 2.7kgs down!! WAHOO. So I'm not sure if it's the 30DS that is doing it or if it's just the excess baggage I had over the Christmas/New Year holidays.

I'll stick it out & see how we go :smile:

Good luck all you shredders! :drinker:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Hi there,

According to generally available information if you excercise you are naturally increasing muscle mass which does increase metabolic activity thereby burning more calories. I would suggest that rather than looking to be a certain weight you might look to be a certain size. Remember that a pound of fat takes up more space than a pound of muscle... something to think on

Yup! Someone told me a kilo of fat is about as big as a carton of milk & a kilo of muscle is the size of a small potato. I know which I'd prefer.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    I did lose weight when doing the 30 Day Shred but it definatley helps tone too xxx
  • I have a fair bit of weight to lose and have found that the 30 day shred really helps to lose around 2kg a week. (about 4 pounds)
    Like others have mentioned, I also combine it with a walk/jog most days. The way I look at it, if I start toning now, it might help me to reduce the amount of excess skin I have when I get down to my goal weight.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    bump. will come back later.
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    I did the shred in November, i lost more inches than pounds, so i would suggest measuring yourself!

I was a bit disappointed at the scale for a while but it kind of happened all at once, suddenly my tight jeans were loose and i started seeing definaition!

Stick with it, it may get a little tedious, but the results will come!

xx
  • Thanks, everyone for your amazing input!
    I don't regret joining the MFP community in the least! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!