Bread suggestions

Options
missbis
missbis Posts: 116 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on which bread is low calorie but also filling? I'm currently eating Arnold's Healthy Multi-Grain and it's very filling but it's also 100 calories a slice. I am cutting calories by not adding cheese to my sandwiches, but I'm wondering if there's bread out there that will satiate my appetite without ruining my progress. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I love Sara Lee's 45 calorie delightful. It's delicious!
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Country Kitchen Light Wheat Bread! 35 calories a slice!
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat a local bread sold at Whole Foods. It only has about 5 ingredients (nothing processed) with 20 calories and 9 carbs per slice, but delicious and filling! Try your local health food store for something similar :)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread is 80 calories a slice. It's made out of sprouted whole grains, too, so it's very filling.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I love Sara Lee's 45 calorie 100% whole wheat bread. 90 calories for a sandwich! I also use it as a bun, since the sandwich thins are 100 calories per bun, it is a little bit of a save. :)
  • 12Tryit
    12Tryit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love Mission Carb Balance tortillas. They are loaded with fiber, low carb, tasty and very filling. I use them in place of any breads.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options

This is my go to bread.
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee Delightful Wheat Bread has only 45 calories and sounds perfect if you are looking for low calorie and filling. The trade off is that it's basically colored white bread. If you want one with higher nutrition, you might try a 100% whole wheat bread, but Sara Lee's 100% whole wheat bread is 150 calories per slice.

http://www.saraleebread.com/our-bread/bread

Like one of my MFP friends above, I eat a 5-ingredient, 100% whole wheat bread to get maximum nutrition and no preservatives.
  • Melany502
    Melany502 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fiber one multigrain is 50 calories a slice and really good!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I use Sara Lee's Soft and Smooth Whole Wheat. It's not my favorite, but a good compromise that everyone in the house will eat.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Wonder Bread Smart White - Extremely filling and only 90 calories for 2 slices I believe.
  • Tianzi
    Tianzi Posts: 74 Member
    Options

This is my favorite!!!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    Boulangierie St-Méthode whole wheat. It's 130 calories per serving of 2 slices; 7g of protein and no sugar nor fat added. It's hard to find bread that doesn't have sugar nor glucose-fructose. The ingredients are also good:

Whole wheat flour with germ, wheat gluten, yeast, oat hull fibre, salt, vinegar, calcium propionate, enzymes, ascorbic acid, soy.

I'm from Montreal but not sure if you can get that where you live.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I've never heard of Sara Lee bread.....has anyone found it in Canada??
  • Ezekiel if you are going to have bread keep it to Ezekiel or whole wheat only! :)

I will have Sandwhich Thins 100% whole wheat on occasion but usually get my carbs from veggies and sweet potatoes.
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread is 80 calories a slice. It's made out of sprouted whole grains, too, so it's very filling.

I second the Ezekiel bread. It's very filling and full of good stuff!