WOmen only!

Options
HI girls..any tips on what foods to eat (and avoid) while on your period? I'm getting it on Saturday, but a lot of people have told me to take water pills 2 days before to avoid the bloating.!! thanks.

Replies

• nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    HI girls..any tips on what foods to eat (and avoid) while on your period? I'm getting it on Saturday, but a lot of people have told me to take water pills 2 days before to avoid the bloating.!! thanks.
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I wish I knew the answer. Mine will be here soon, and I refuse to weigh myself because of water weight. I really hope I don't blow it with what I'm eating now.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My suggestions would be to continue to eat healthy and just don't weigh this week.
  • zuleika
    zuleika Posts: 17
    Options
    I wish I could help, I gain 3 pounds every month during that time. Can't wait until Monday I'll be three pounds lighter.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My suggestions would be to continue to eat healthy and just don't weigh this week.

Oh, yeah!:grumble:
    I'm scale-obsessed- I know, I know.... I should stay away from it, but it keeps me focused. Anyway, got my peroid yesterday, went up 2.5 lbs overnight!!!!!!!!:noway: Been eating great and exercising, so i'll just stay focused. But, wow, those hormones!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    just keep doing what you're doing. don't weigh in, cause you will be bloated and that'll look like you gain weight on the scale. Lots of people seem to have the problem of overeating during that time but I have the opposite, I typically undereat as I get severe cramps and nausea with my period. Don't worry too much about it though, it's like 3 days out of the month so really, even if you do badly, you can make it up later. :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium and drink lots of water!! i had my TOM this week and gained 5 pounds the first day and the second day I was back down to where I was before PMS.I watched my sodium and drank lots of water and exercised like a crazy person lol.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I wouldn't worry - the water weight is not your true weight....water pills can cause an electrolyte imbalance and muscle cramps (as a result)...be careful with these.

I just find it's better to avoid the scales while on my period. It isnt' worth the pain.

Oh, and skinny cows and grapes are my favs on my period. takes that need for sweets away!

Good luck!
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    lots of water and less salty foods
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    Oh the that tom i hate it i always want chocolate and i also gain 5 pounds so i def. wont be on the scale but as far as chocolate goes i tryed quaker rice cake they have all kinds from sweet to salty they have it . i rather eat more of thoese then give in to chocolate bar . oh ya i also buy sugar free puddings oh so goood!!! :happy: it helps me hope will help you and good luck!!