Yummy Fish Dinner

Options
Sharing a fish dinner I enjoyed. Was making fish tacos a lot or fish with green beans and sweet potatoes but wanted something new. I tried this today and my husband and I loved it. Please add any fish dinners you make with white fish especially.

Yummy dinner- sole from farmer's market. Season with extra virgin olive oil spray, garlic powder, lemon pepper, paprika. Bake 25 mins at 325. Cut into small pieces in a bowl. Squeeze on 1/2 lemon juice, add 4 table spoons Pace Mild Salsa. Eat with Kirkland Organic Chips (14 chips=1 serving).

275 calories total.

I used 1/2 of the filet myself and 1/2 for his serving.

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I love fish! Sorry I don't have any good recipes to share though....

What kind of fish do you use for fish tacos?
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The same, flounder sole from the farmer's market. I usually eat mild white fish or salmon any time I have fish, but not a fan of salmon in fish tacos. :)
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've not heard of those chips before. Could I ask are they a chunky style or more like a french fry? Also do you cook them in the oven?

Mich.x
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My Fav fish dish:

Fish Curry (you can also make this veggie using chick peas instead of fish! :)

2 fillets white fish (cod or haddock)
    1 can light coconut milk
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tbs curry powder
    1 tsp tumeric
    2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 onion, chopped
    1 jalapeno (optional - already spicy with the curry spices)
    1 small can (or 3-4 tbsp) tomato paste
    salt and black pepper to taste

Simmer all the ingredients for about 10 minutes in a pan on the stove, then add the fish and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. Eat with rice or quinoa or a yummy salad! :)

Also, I know you're looking for white fish recipies, but I just made salmon burgers and they were so good!

Salmon Burgers

2 servings of salmon
    1/4 small onion
    1 tsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp thai red chilli paste

Just finely chop all ingredients or use a food processor, then make into patties with your hands. This recipe made 4 patties. They can be fried without oil for 3-5 minutes aside on medium heat. Watch em cos they cook really fast. Also you could try adding mashed yams or sweet potatoes to stretch the salmon and reduce the amount of fat per serving. Next time I will try adding a bit of cilantro and yams.
  • Mdin1029
    Options
    My Fav fish dish:

Salmon Burgers

Thank you!!! These sound so tasty! Can't wait to try them!
  • Mdin1029
    Options
    I've not heard of those chips before. Could I ask are they a chunky style or more like a french fry? Also do you cook them in the oven?

Mich.x

They are tortilla chips from Costco. Are you in England? I'm in the U.S. so I don't mean french fry style. Cactus chips if you can find those are also great and healthier :)
  • Mdin1029
    Options
    My Fav fish dish:

2 fillets white fish (cod or haddock)
    1 can light coconut milk
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tbs curry powder
    1 tsp tumeric
    2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 onion, chopped
    1 jalapeno (optional - already spicy with the curry spices)
    1 small can (or 3-4 tbsp) tomato paste
    salt and black pepper to taste

Simmer all the ingredients for about 10 minutes in a pan on the stove, then add the fish and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. Eat with rice or quinoa or a yummy salad! :)

Also, I know you're looking for white fish recipies, but I just made salmon burgers and they were so good!

Salmon Burgers

2 servings of salmon
    1/4 small onion
    1 tsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp thai red chilli paste

Just finely chop all ingredients or use a food processor, then make into patties with your hands. This recipe made 4 patties. They can be fried without oil for 3-5 minutes aside on medium heat. Watch em cos they cook really fast. Also you could try adding mashed yams or sweet potatoes to stretch the salmon and reduce the amount of fat per serving. Next time I will try adding a bit of cilantro and yams.

Thank you!!! These sound so tasty! Can't wait to try them!
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Mich.x

They are tortilla chips from Costco. Are you in England? I'm in the U.S. so I don't mean french fry style. Cactus chips if you can find those are also great and healthier :)

Hi there. Yes I'm in England. I'll have a good look around to find something we have here that I can put with your fish dish as it sounds absolutely gorgeous so I MUST try it! We do have tortillas but they are tiny or tacos which look like they are made of the same kind of thing. Maybe I could get a taco and fill it with salad topped with your fish flaked over it??? Would that work?

Mich.x
  • Mdin1029
    Options

Mich.x

Hi there. Yes I'm in England. I'll have a good look around to find something we have here that I can put with your fish dish as it sounds absolutely gorgeous so I MUST try it! We do have tortillas but they are tiny or tacos which look like they are made of the same kind of thing. Maybe I could get a taco and fill it with salad topped with your fish flaked over it??? Would that work?

Mich.x

I think a taco would work perfectly. You can also break up the taco into pieces and kind of make tortilla chips out of it that way :) Hope that helps.