Home scales say one thing - work scales say another

Options
What should I go with?

I like the home scale better as I weigh less on them, and it shows that I have lost some weight. The work scale shows that I actually gained weight.

The weight I put in here, was from my work scale.

Work scale on weigh in day - 298.7lbs
Home scale weight - same day - 276.4lbs

I weighed myself yesterday at work - 300.2lbs
Home scale yesterday was - 271.8

Both scales are digital scales.

So what do I go with??? HELP :sad:

Replies

• direct1998
    Options
    What should I go with?

I like the home scale better as I weigh less on them, and it shows that I have lost some weight. The work scale shows that I actually gained weight.

• mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Get a 5 pound hand weight and put it on each scale. That way you can see which one is more accurate.
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    when u weigh at home what are u wearing???

when u weigh at work what r u wearing???

that will affect your weigh clothes and shoes
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I use the same scale I weighed on when I first started this journey. I was going to buy a new one and tried some out at Walmart. One had me 2 pounds lower than the one at home...one was 10 pounds MORE, the other was a whopping 21 pounds more! I put a 5 pound hand weight on the one at home and it's right..so I refuse to weigh on any other one. I hate scales!:noway:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    What should I go with?

I think both scales are wrong unless your weighing yourself at totally different times of day with clothing on..u need to weigh yourself on just the home scale at the same time daily with dry hair and nude. weighing yourself at work isnt really practical.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    when a bunch of different people use a scale, it messes up the springs and makes it less accurate. there shouldn't be more than one to two people using a scale. also, when you weigh yourself, it needs to be first thing in the morning, completely naked, after you've gone to the bathroom to get the most accurate number.
  • direct1998
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.

I will start using my home digital scale for any weight measurement.

Now I have another question - Why is it when I weigh myself at home (in the morning nude) the scale give me one weight. Then I step back on again and it gives me a different weight.

Sometimes this fluctuation can be as much as 3 - 5 lbs.

What do I do then?
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When i weigh myself i weigh 3 times add them up and divide by three. Unless (very small chance) i get the exact same number each time... most of the time i am off my several ounces to a pound or two
  • GameOver
    GameOver Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Get a 5 pound hand weight and put it on each scale. That way you can see which one is more accurate.

Okay, whata simple solution...I have this same problem and never thought of that! Dumb me! :laugh: Thanks!