pregnant....zumba...calories

Options
I thought I would eventually become pregnant BUT not this soon,I had been confused by certain signs with this loosing weight and working out so yesterday I went to the pregnancy clinic for free(doctor office is $60 to go)well it came back postitive so they thinkn I am about 6 weeks this hasn't kicked in yet maybe once I have the ultrasound it will become real(it has been 11 yrs)we were trying but never thought this quickly.
ANYWAYS,any advice on working out to stay under the 200 pound mark that I am loosing,I have lost 10 so now I am scared that I will start going up again.I know that I need to watch the foods that I eat with a microscope BC with first son I was huge gained and blew up with lots of retaining water then blood pressure issues and bed rest I need a great healthy pregnancy this round.
I have been watching my calorie intake and working out with zumba daily but how safe is zumba being pregnant I am going to walk more now so any advice from others tha thave been in my shoes or are in my shoes.

Replies

• Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I had a surprise pregnancy almost a year ago after losing weight. It is very possible to stay in shape and not gain too much weight during pregnancy but your baby will need a few extra calories for development. That's not saying to go out and eat enough for two people like many people assume .. lol
    My own experience was different because I was tested early for gestational diabetes and failed the test miserably so I was on a strict diet from 24 weeks onward and that helped me keep my weight in check. Between my OB and seeing a nutritionist and a nurse at the diabetic clinic they really watched my food and blood sugars. It was annoying but it really helped me to not gain weight. I was back into pre pregnancy clothes as soon as I got home from the hospital (1 day after delivery).

Sorry for the novel .. but what I am trying to point out is that a person doesn't have to eat all crazy and give into cravings day and night and use pregnancy as an excuse to have a second helping of a meal of 2 desserts.
    Keep active. I have a friend who continued to do Zumba throughout her pregnancy. Get out walking or swimming or something to help burn calories and stay fit.

All the best!!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've never been pregnant but I have been to a zumba class where the instructor was 5 months pregnant and there were two other pregnant women there- one only a few weeks away from giving birth. I would imagine as long as you stick to the low impact versions and let your instructor know it would be fine to carry on.
  • caityouth
    caityouth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    congrats
    I am 30 weeks pregnant and stilll zumbaing it up. just had a baby last november and this pregnancy is night and day from that one because i've continued to be active so i haven't had teh aches and pains its all zumba i love it soo much i just take it down to a moderate pace and don't jump but i didn't even start til about 3 months ago