Remember my eat what I want plan?

Options
So some of you may remember that the week before last I said that I was going to try something new last week. I ate about everything I wanted, but I stayed away from sweets and I only drank water. I did consume alot of chips and rotel unfortunately...a nearby deli makes the absole best! Anyway, I worked out like normal, mostly cardio. I weigh each Friday, and this past Friday after my trial week, I lost 1.4 lbs. I'm not so sure that that is a success, but it isn't a failure. I went home from school this weekend and ate too much, so this week I'm going to still eat the foods I desire, but concentrate on portion control. Many of you wanted to know how it worked, so there you go.

Replies

• sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    So some of you may remember that the week before last I said that I was going to try something new last week. I ate about everything I wanted, but I stayed away from sweets and I only drank water. I did consume alot of chips and rotel unfortunately...a nearby deli makes the absole best! Anyway, I worked out like normal, mostly cardio. I weigh each Friday, and this past Friday after my trial week, I lost 1.4 lbs. I'm not so sure that that is a success, but it isn't a failure. I went home from school this weekend and ate too much, so this week I'm going to still eat the foods I desire, but concentrate on portion control. Many of you wanted to know how it worked, so there you go.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have always been a firm beliver that you should be able to eat what you want, as long as you did it in moderation.
    DIET. =
    Did
    I
    Eat
    Today!
    --Diann...
  • guntertrain
    Options
    I think eating what you want is more realistic as long as you do it with portion control and exercise. I feel it is easier to stick to the diet than eating foods you don't crave or really like. That is what I love about calorie counters is even if you eat a large lunch then you can see what you have left for dinner and go lighter.

best of luck to all of us!

Lori
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting how your plan worked out!! Did you stay within your calorie allowence? I have been wondering if it is possible to still lose, eating the foods you want ( low fat frozen yogurt, baked chips and salsa....ect.) nothing to "horrible" just the foods that sound good, and still lose if you are keeping within your calories...I guess so!
  • sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    I actually took a week off from calorie counting. I ate out more so this site didn't have the foods that I ate listed. However, I didn't eat Big Mac's and just junk. I ate club sandwiches and wraps, etc. Sorry, I THINK I stayed within my calorie limit though.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I eat pretty much whatever I want but I try to eat lots of fruit, drink my water and I've stopped eating those things that I didn't really like and only ate because they were available.