Any couples doing MFP together?

Options
My husband and I just started MFP, and I have noticed that we use it very differently. In addition to logging my info, I am all about adding friends, and reading other people's posts. He spends his time on MFP tracking calories and exercise. (Classic Venus and Mars, huh?)
I thought it would be fun to know other couples (married or otherwise committed) who are doing this. Feel free to friend me!

Replies

• loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My husband is using SparkPeople while I use MFP and he does exactly what your husband does. Cracks me up.
  • EbonyK
    EbonyK Posts: 92
    Options
    My husband finally joined MFP recently. He is slowly trying to get into the habit of using it and tracking his food and exercise.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are both on here. He found the app and after a few successful weeks, I decided to join too :)
    We love it!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    My DH and I are both doing mfp, but we're not doing it "together." We're not even "friends." We joined at the same time, and then he didn't log on for 3 months (maybe 4 or 5). he's not into any of the social aspects and his only "friend" is himself.
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    :smile: me and charlotte(fiance) are doing this. her username is lottiepop01
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both use it, but like yours, he just uses it to log, and hasn't added anyone but me. I use friend motivation to help me out. I keep forgetting though that because he only has me on there, any posts I make stay on his news feed for a long time!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both using it. We're the opposite of you guys; we both use it for tracking, but I'm way more into the social aspect of it than she is.
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    My boyfriend and I both use it, we aren't friends or anything but we do talk about it at home which keeps us both motivated. I think we were both at that point where we were the heaviest the scale had ever said and I started it and lost about 7 pounds in a week (even with Thanksgiving smackdab in the middle of that week!) and he must have been like wow it actually works and since then we have both been pretty good, i think he enters most stuff in and i do too, i like to read blogs which i know he never does but it is working for us both, so i think it is pretty awesome! plus my mom is doing WW so she is another motivator. Friend me if you want!
  • richiedbond
    Options
    My wife and I have been using MFP for almost a year with great success. I found the whole lots of friends thing annoying, I couldn't keep up with them all and felt bad, now I have like 6... My wife has quite a few and she somehow manages. Women seem to care to take more time keeping up with the social side. And there is my stereo type for the day, GET SOME...
  • Gosser
    Gosser Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My partner and I joined together and he is exactly like your husband.

He asked me what I was doing yesterday and when I said I was reading the forums he said 'I didn't know it had those'.

We support each other with eating the right foods and that works really well. I've never counted calories before but he wanted to do it like this which is why we joined. Fortunately the calories show that the way I used to watch my weight (what I was eating not calories) was the right thing as I select the correct low calorie foods to eat and snack on.

We both are working towards 10lb loss.
  • mrsbeardtoyou
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this together. He is the same way. He is less interested in other people's progress and success stories than I am. He only "checks" out mine. And tells me that I am doing a Great Job. I on the other hand, want to know your secrets and "diet tricks" and things like that. lol
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My hubby joined a few months ago and like others have said he only has theone friend, me, and he never uses the message boards.

He logs foodwhen he remembers, i have noticed he logs better when we eat things he can scan with his phone, otherwise he asks me that the meals we eat together were as total calories in my diary and then he quick adds that many calories! He hasnt logged in for 3 days!
  • _hesmy19dhero
    _hesmy19dhero Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend & I live together and I've got him using it. He mostly uses the app to log his stuff. He doesn't even look them up, he does the quick add thing. He's not really into the social side of it.

Myself though, am completely different then him. I think I'm on MFP more then facebook now! :)
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Lindsay and I are both active users. She was the first person I "friended".
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The day that I signed up with MFP, I had him sign up too & it has been a wonderful to be doing this together. I hear of a lot of sig others that end up sabotaging your weight loss goals and when you do it together, that does not happen. Not to say that either one of you won't eat something that will tempt the other, but it happens a lot less. My husband started at around 252 and he currently is down to 191 and I started at 160 and I am down to 138. This has been a wonderful experience for us as we try to work out together when we can, which can be a challenge because we have 4 young children, but we started riding bikes together and we are encourage the other to take the time to work out and improve.The other day he told me his goal for 2012 was to do a 1/4 Triathalon...he thought I was gonna say he was crazy but that is not the case.... my only thought was finding one in the area for him to do this summer and if his mountain bike w/ slick tires will be sufficient. We also work together to plan our meals out and shopping. We support each other 100%. When we see the other not making the best choices (eating a 2nd pc of cake, our kids left over's, etc) then try to discourage the poor choice but support each other no matter what. We are far from perfect but I personally feel that our commitment to getting in shape together has done nothing but strengthen our already very strong marriage. So, hats off to you too for making this commitment together....as there is no one better to be in your corner and on 'your team' than you husband/wife.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I met my BF on this site. We both started logging in daily December 26, 2010, and "met" each other on a forum post on Feb 2, 2011. We became friends on here, and met IRL on March 10, 2011 and have been together ever since. We both still log in daily (and are both at 377 days now - totally coincidence, we didn't even KNOW each other yet!). We both use the site about the same, though lately I have been in the forums more than him, but that really has flip-flopped a lot over the time we've been together.

:happy:
  • DancinBear63
    DancinBear63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love these replies! Thanks for sharing!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Yes, my wife and I are doing this together and it's been great!
  • ginareejoy
    ginareejoy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing it together! It's mainly the same way. We were just talking about it this morning. lol
    It's just how us girls are..we want to gab away, but most guys will just utilize it for the tools.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yep exactly the same. I'm doing the social thing he isn't.