I think I have a problem

Options
So I have been using the wii fit for 3 months now and I am never to sure how many calories I burn so I usually half the amount displayed any way this has been working well along with my 3 day a week gym schedule however this week I haven't lost a pound could my body just be getting to used to the exersize I'm doing? any suggestions ?

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So I have been using the wii fit for 3 months now and I am never to sure how many calories I burn so I usually half the amount displayed any way this has been working well along with my 3 day a week gym schedule however this week I haven't lost a pound could my body just be getting to used to the exersize I'm doing? any suggestions ?
  • LeeAnn11
    LeeAnn11 Posts: 37
    Options
    I as well did the Wii Fit for about 3 months and came to a screeching halt and was stuck at 144 lbs...and that's where I stayed. Unfortunately as much as I loved it at first, I got soooo sick of it and now don't want to do it at all. Maybe your body just got use to it which I think happened to me. Apparently you're suppose to change things up. This is just my personal advice, I struggle with stuff like this all the time!
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    As you work out your metabolism changes so it is entirely possible that you body caught up.

Sometimes that can be remedied by varying the exercises. You can vary the type and speed of what you are doing, but that may be somewhat limited on the Wiifit.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I as well did the Wii Fit for about 3 months and came to a screeching halt and was stuck at 144 lbs...and that's where I stayed. Unfortunately as much as I loved it at first, I got soooo sick of it and now don't want to do it at all. Maybe your body just got use to it which I think happened to me. Apparently you're suppose to change things up. This is just my personal advice, I struggle with stuff like this all the time!

Hmm kinda what I suspected perhaps I will do something else for a bit I still enjoy the wii but I guess I 'm going to find something else to do
  • gone2gym2befit
    Options
    You should definitely mix up you work out routine every once in awhile. After about 8 to 12 weeks your muscles do adapt to the work that you are recruiting them to do. You can increase the intensity of your work outs by simply adding a few intervals throughout where you rev it up for a minute or two periodically. (so if you normally jog for 20 minutes, you could add a minute of running after every 4 minutes throughout). If you do resistance training, try increasing the amount of weight you use for a couple of reps til you work up to a full set of 8 to 12 reps w/ the new weight). The most important thing though is you want to try new activities altogether to recruit muscles you have not worked on previously. So if you do run all the time then switch out a work out day for an activity like swimming, biking, yoga, playing soccer, etc. Also, try breaking up your meals so you are eating 3 smaller meals with 2 to 3 snacks through the day so you're fueling up more often and your metabolism will kick up a notch. Hope it works for you!!
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Yup, definitely agree. You have to change up your work-out every 6-8 weeks to continue to see progress. Good luck!:happy: