I'm new & need motivation :)

Options
Hello everyone,
My name is Loretta but most people go by LoLo. I am new to MFP and I'm really excited about being a member here. I've always been on the heavier side and I'm just ready to make a change. I've tried so many different sites and programs. I've failed each one of them. I am ready now heaver to get healthy and in shape. I want to challenge myself in going from 185 to at least 150. I need as much motivation and support from others who are working towards the same goals as I am. The problem with a lot of the other programs and sites I tried were that I was alone and didn't have anyone there to push me to reach my goal. So Im hoping that I can gain that support here at MFP.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey.:drinker:
  • chicago_sunflower
    Options
    Hi LoLo!
    I too just joined, and it sounds like we are very close in our weight loss goals.
    I too need motivation, which is why joined MFP. So, if you need a support buddy, let me know!
    Take care and Happy new year!
    :)
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey.:drinker:

Thank you very much!!!! I'm looking forward to a happier lifestyle. :)
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Hi LoLo!
    I too just joined, and it sounds like we are very close in our weight loss goals.
    I too need motivation, which is why joined MFP. So, if you need a support buddy, let me know!
    Take care and Happy new year!
    :)

Oh wow! That's great. We should become friends and get to know each other. I'm really serious about this weight thing. I want to be able to shop online for the cute clothes too LOL :)
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    HEY WELCOME
    feel free to add me im to ready for a change and am seeking all motivation i cn get
    mfp is great for motivation and to keep you on track i just began in december and love it
    it is confusing at first but amazing once you begin your journey and good luck btw
  • lobearjw
    Options
    HEY WELCOME
    feel free to add me im to ready for a change and am seeking all motivation i cn get
    mfp is great for motivation and to keep you on track i just began in december and love it
    it is confusing at first but amazing once you begin your journey and good luck btw

Thank you very much! I will be sure to add you as one of my friends for my motivation team. I need all the help I can get.
  • lobearjw
    Options
    So I have a question for everyone,
    Do you change your eating habits or do you eat and just stay within your calorie range? (Along with the exercise)
  • sunshinelynn
    Options
    hi I am from northwest Indiana and could use all the motivation I can get
  • Terree83
    Options
    Greetings, all! Best of luck to each of you on your weight loss journey. I am on one as well, and looking to shed about 35-40lbs. I need to get back to where I used to be!

Feel free to add me as a friend on here. I'm always looking to gain some extra motivation, and hope that I can help motivate others as well!
  • lobearjw
    Options
    hi I am from northwest Indiana and could use all the motivation I can get

I will definitely be on your motivation team!!!! :) I love helping others and I love getting help as well.