calories burned at work?

Options
Im just curious how many calories I would be burning at work. I work retail, so I am on my feet all day( my shifts are about 5 hours), folding, walking back and fourth throughout the store, carrying clothes to the dressing room, and various other things.

How many calories do you think this would burn? Or how would I calculate how many calories I burn?

Replies

• madmisskelly
    Options
    Im just curious how many calories I would be burning at work. I work retail, so I am on my feet all day( my shifts are about 5 hours), folding, walking back and fourth throughout the store, carrying clothes to the dressing room, and various other things.

How many calories do you think this would burn? Or how would I calculate how many calories I burn?
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't know of a formula. To get a guesstimate, I would let MFP calculate what your calorie intake should be when you have Sedentiary listed in the Normal Daily Activity section in your profile, and then check it again when you change the level to more accurately reflect your job (Active). Then you can just take the difference between them to guess at how many calories you might be burning.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Don't count them as calories burned each day, since it is part of your everyday (or close to it) routine. When you are setting up your goals and information, you would choose active or moderately active as your lifestyle, then that will help determine how much of a deficit you should have. For example, I work in an office, so I chose sedentary as my activity level. Then from there only count actual exercise (running, working out at the gym, etc. or physical activity that isn't a part of your usual routine) as calories burned each day.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Don't count them as calories burned each day, since it is part of your everyday (or close to it) routine. When you are setting up your goals and information, you would choose active or moderately active as your lifestyle, then that will help determine how much of a deficit you should have. For example, I work in an office, so I chose sedentary as my activity level. Then from there only count actual exercise (running, working out at the gym, etc. or physical activity that isn't a part of your usual routine) as calories burned each day.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

it doesnt count as excercise ..you choose active or lightly active under your lifestyle...
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    As its part of your daily routine, you don't include them :flowerforyou: