Rheumatoid Arthritis

Denfks
Denfks Posts: 13 Member
edited October 7 in Health and Weight Loss
This disease runs in my family, and I carry the genetic marker. The last time I saw the doctor...years ago...I had no symptoms. But the past year I have been hurting badly in the morning, and that scares me.

After all this dieting and exercise, I've noticed the pain is drastically diminishing! That is giving me some real inspiration. So, what I would like to know is, are there any tips from other dieter's about what has helped their RA symptoms? I would love to incorporate whatever I can without going on drugs!

Thanks!

Replies

• jrhose
    jrhose Posts: 30 Member
    I don't know that I have RA, but it does run in my family and I have chronic inflammations. Except I get them in my eye, which is crazy painful. What I started doing is cutting down my refined sugars and that helped dramatically. I used to get flare ups 3-4 times a year and now they're once every few YEARS.

Hope this helps!
  • Denfks
    Denfks Posts: 13 Member
    In the eye!? That's horrible! I get really stiff joints, especially in my hands. I wake up and they just wont even work. I have really cut back on sugar too, so maybe that's why I'm seeing improvement. Good to know. Take care.
This discussion has been closed.