Engaged...!!!

I don't understand why I don't seem to ever "stick" to my weight loss plans. I think it's because I'm only looking to lose 15 - 20 lbs total, and find that I don't NEED to lose weight as i'm already in the healthy range.

Well, Last month I got engaged, and this week I bought my wedding gown! I'm making a personal goal that by May (the time the gown arrives) I will have lost weight so the alteration's department can take the gown in if they need.

So here I go again, 15 lbs by May!
If you have any advice for someone only looking to lose 15-20 lbs, please share! taking of the weight at this point is very hard and I need some tips on how to do it! Thank you all in advance!

Stats:
5' 2"
medium to small frame
127 lbs
looking to get to 110 or 105

Replies

• Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Congratulations on getting engaged - and good luck with the weight loss. I'm 3 weeks out to final dress fitting so on my last push!

I'm not sure about specifics for your situation, but I would imagine healthy eating, not too low calories and plenty of exercise (including weights) would work!

What have you tried before?
  • katiebride
    katiebride Posts: 4 Member
    Congrats on your engagement! We seem to be basically identical! I'm also 5'2", and 127 pounds at the moment. Also, my time frame is for May as well, because that's when I'm getting married!

The things that have helped me the most is logging EVERYTHING and eating a lot of small meals. Feel free to look at my food diary. I have some special dietary restrictions, though, so it's not very exciting. I also love my exercise, and it motivates me to eat better as well.

We're going to have to work really hard, because it's harder to lose weight if you're short, don't have much to lose, and are female, haha. Have you been 110-105 in your adult life? It may be just because I'm pear shaped (huge booty), but I look ill at 110, so my goal is 115. Of course, your body type could be totally different, but just make sure you have a realistic goal :) Good luck!