Anyone have post-pregnancy spd?

Options
I usually lost all my pregnancy weight in the first month after giving birth (I have four kids) but gestational diabetes gave me more weight than usual to lose after the last baby and I didn't automatically lose all of it. I also had a case of SPD--you know, where your pubic joint hurts and it feels like your pelvis is falling apart? Only this time, it didn't go away after the baby was born. Walking, climbing stairs, etc hurt. Finally, it felt better most of the time and I started to exercise again a year later. Bad decision because I pulled my unstable pelvis right out of joint again and again I could barely walk, climb stairs, pick up things, etc. But I then found a wonderful book (I can't afford things like physical therapists) that helped me do moves and exercises to stablize my pelvis again. I'm finally pain free! I'm ready to exercise! Although I am wary of stressing my pelvis joints and so am keeping to pelvis-friendly exercises for now (eliptical machine and elementary pilates so far.)

I was wondering if anyone else has dealt with this problem?