I need a good scale, any suggestions?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    i use weight watchers digital from walmart ive had it 3yrs
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Any scale that's cheap so that when you get mad and kick it/throw it out the window you're not out too much money.

Okay, that wasn't helpful...I have a crappy one that isn't even digital sooo...I'm no help. I hate them all. They're evillllll little things! Except for when they show me what I want to see, of course! :laugh:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i use weight watchers digital from walmart ive had it 3yrs

According to the scale at the nurses station at work, I'm down seven pounds and the cheap one I bought had a broken leg I didn't notice at first so it hasn't moved too much. when I put something underneath the leg it goes down.

I'll keep the weight watchers one in mind when I go to walmart next time.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I love mine I have health o meter it totally rocks it tracks my weight, body fat and my hydration levels.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I second the Weight Watchers scale, I've had it for over 2 years now.
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    i also have the weight watchers scale, easy to read
  • nerveracker
    Options
    EEEEEK 5 letter 'S' word. (scale) yeah that's the one!. That one word is your actual worst enemy. Wanna really find a way to mark your progress, get an old fashioned tape measure and really figure out your body fat % and keep that calculated. Because scales will go up and down, today you'll be down 3 lbs, tomorrow you'll be up 5lbs making a difference of 8 lbs, there's no consistency in that and all because you may have retained a little water. UGH that would kill me and make me mad enough to quit. Which is why I let the tape measure do it. There's an online body fat calculator, that I use. See remember (I know you've heard it before too, but lean muscle weighs more than fat) So, tell me this, which would you rather be, 5'6" 145lbs or 5'6" @ 20% body fat (women or 6'0" 195 lbs or 6'0@ 12%body fat (men) Personally I'd take the latter, simply put, it doesn't matter so much what the scales read, it's how well your body is in tune. Use your scales as a tool, but not a goal or a benchmark. As long as you eat right, good and clean, and as long as you have a fitness/exercise program, it will work! I promise. And you can hide your scales under your sink/in the closet for a week or 2 at a time, and use the tape measure to monitor your progress once a week!!! Also, you'll notice it by your clothes and the way they fit or not! http://www.linear-software.com/online.html I use this site , yeah you'll need a scale every time you calculate, but I'll tell you the numbers on the tape mean more than what the scales say! Try it! Also I have a post up that is called Repairing your broken furnace (Metabolism) it may help with how you eat to "loose weight"