peanut butter

Options
Is a spoonful of pb a good snack if you aren't really hungry and really busy but need to eat?

Replies

• sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    Is a spoonful of pb a good snack if you aren't really hungry and really busy but need to eat?
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    yes or just a handful of nuts. I add peanut butter to an apple for snacks.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Both are good, healthy ideas, just remember they are really calorie dense
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Also, a lot of peanut butters have added sugar. Watch out for that.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i use a natural peanut butter... no sugar or salt. It's high in protein,fat, and calories. But at the same time it's terribly good for you.:indifferent: It's soo yummy.
  • sph40
    sph40 Posts: 24
    Options
    At a regular store what is the best type of peanut butter to get. ex. JIF, Peter Pan, reduced fat, etc.
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options
    I just bought Jif Natural Peanut Butter. It's great, only 6 carbs per serving! I love it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Smuckers makes a "natural peanut butter" that I used to get at WalMart.

Check the label, and see if you can find one that has minimal ingredients. Here's the ingredients list off of my current jar : "peanuts". You have to stir the oil in (I pour it off the top when I first open the jar) but after you get used to the taste you'll never go back.

If the ingredients contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup, I say put it back on the shelf!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    You have to go for which one tastes good to you. Try to choose a natural one, less sugar and salt but can take some getting used to. IF you are eatting it like I do with fruit or celery then you won't miss the added stuff.