New today!

Options
Hello all!

I am starting this today. I have been on Weight Watchers and decided I would try this calorie counting instead of the point counting. Hoping this will work. I am trying to lose 29 lbs by July 25th, my daughter is getting married and I am hoping to look great for the pictures, since they are forever! :smile:

Replies

• shestark
    shestark Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello all!

I am starting this today. I have been on Weight Watchers and decided I would try this calorie counting instead of the point counting. Hoping this will work. I am trying to lose 29 lbs by July 25th, my daughter is getting married and I am hoping to look great for the pictures, since they are forever! :smile:
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome, can understand where your coming from. My daughter got married last March and I walked her down the aisle. :happy: I had lost 35 lbs to do that but then gained most of it back. :angry: Anyways good luck!:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • SueCV
    SueCV Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new today, too! I was on my way to join Weight Watchers (for the 4th time in the past 4 years), when I ran into a friend who recommended this site. I thought I'd save $15/week, and give it a try. Looks like it'll give me the DAILY support that I need. I just hope I don't lose momentum. Would much rather lose weight!
  • shestark
    shestark Posts: 9
    Options
    I have been with Weight Watchers for the past year and 1/2 and I intially lost 30 lbs, have gained back only 5 of it but now I am in a rut. Thought I would try this, hopefully calorie counting is better then point counting.
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Welcome all, I'm still a newbie too, but I already feel like I'm seeing results....the accountability is great, and there's good support here. Even though I'm the only one that sees my food log, I feel like I'm letting everyone down if I enter unhealthy food into it...lol...