Boot Camp

Options
Has anyone taken the class? Do you know how many calories are burned?

Replies

• NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Has anyone taken the class? Do you know how many calories are burned?
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I teach a boot camp class at a local gym. It's my favorite class to teach. I work hard at making sure my participants have a killer workout! The amount of calories you burn is totally dependant on the individual and how hard they work. The best way to know is to get a heart rate monitor. You enter all your personal stats into it, so it gives you a better count of how many calories you expend.

I highly recommend trying the boot camp if you like adventure and hard work! You won't be disappointed (hopefully, unless you have a crappy instructor). While teaching, I burn at least 400 calories, so I'm hoping my participants are burning way more!
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing bootcamp and LOVE it! It certainly feels like you are getting the best from a workout. :wink:
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    How lomg are your classes?
    I take a strength training class for 30 mins and then the boot camp class..... I am dying by the end. Its the same instructor; she kicks are butts!!
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My class is 55 minutes and the members usually have to drag themselves out the door...in a good way. :)
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    I just did a Bootcamp class last night it was great....What a work out:bigsmile:
    One of the other members had a polar fitness watch on and she said that she burned 420 calories.