HELP! Any suggestions on why my feet are cramping during wa

Options
I've been walking during my lunch breaks for the last 10 days or so. I've been doing great until yesterday. I was walking 12 laps (1.2 miles) in my old shoes but my feet were hurting and I knew the shoes were "broke down" so I bought new ones. I instantly loved them. I put my custom orthodontic in them and walked great 3 days ago. No foot pain then. But yesterday, I got three laps and my feet cramped so bad I stopped in the middle of the track howling, ripped my shoe off and massaged it. I walked the rest of the lap without the shoes and got the heck out of there. Today, I make it a half of a lap and they started again, so bad I thought I was giving birth out my foot. Why is this happening? What can I do to make it stop? I have no other cramps anywhere. :(

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I used to get cramps in my feet when I was swimming or running. Surprisingly it was because I was not taking enough calcium. A co-worker of mine had the same issue and told me to try adding calcium. I started taking those calcium chews with throughout the day and it worked for me.
  • shelby623
    shelby623 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get foot cramps, I eat a banana.

Footwear really does matter! I ran miles in a pair of nike free shoes, they were so comfy at first but totally lacked support and now I have a long lasting foot pain anytime I apply pressure to it.