Pyle HRM Accurate?

Options
I'm new to using a HRM, but I thought it would be a good idea to get one so I can be as accurate as possible. I got the cheap $25 Pyle HRM from Amazon, and I've used it a couple times. My question is does anyone know how accurate it is? I'm using it under my bust because it doesn't stay above it, and I just want to know if anyone else has had an experience with this one and how well it worked for them? It says I burned 141 calories in 15 minutes of playing Just Dance and that just seems like an awfully lot!

Replies

• Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have experience with this HR monitor? Or can at least tell me if I'm using it right? (under my bust)
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Anyone? =/
  • liqwitmint
    Options
    I just got the same one. It seems pretty accurate. I wear it in the same place. I used it once so far while i was doing ea active 2 on the wii. It showed 5 cals under the ea hrm total so it seems okay.
  • safronia
    safronia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a pyle monitor too. It seems pretty accurate. Whenever I double check the bpm reading with my pulse it's spot on. You have to make sure your chest strap is secure though. When I first got the monitor the chest strap was to big for me and my readings were CRAZY. I had to adjust it, but now that it fits it's great.