College Student

Options
Hi. My name is Danielle, I am 19 and finishing up my 2nd year of college. I have never been "skinny", which is fine, I like how I look. However, I would like to loose some weight and become healthier. I decided to do this after going out to eat and having a nice big burger, so kinda starting behind a little bit, but none the less here I am. I don't know if there are any other college students on here, but either way i would love ANY tips or advice. I am hoping to reach my goal weight by my birthday in July. I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys :)

-Dee

Replies

• Amineral
    Amineral Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi dee!

Im a college student myself and im 21 right now. I would like to get a little healthier too and just tone up mainly. im looking to lose about 12lbs haha. oh my names amber and i live in arizona right now :) i dont blame you for chowing down on a big burger..i tend to do the same when i go out with friends.
  • AIKENDE01
    Options
    Hey amber :) you dont know how great it is to see another college student on here! I was begining to wonder if i was the only one lol
  • littlemascara
    Options
    Hey Dee! =)

My name's Sandra and I'm a student also! Freaking burgers mess me up every time I try to lose weight haha. I'm trying to lose anywhere from 10-20 pounds just so I can feel a little healthier. It would be cool to get some tips on how to lose weight on a college student's budget--though, I've found that buying mostly veggies instead of meat helps a bit. Or evens out. Depending on where you shop, I guess. Anyway, best of luck to you!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Also a student - but an older student.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a college student as well... I'm 18 going on 19 finishing up my first year of college :)! I'd love to be your friend and help out any way I can! I started back towards the end of my senior year, but I'm trying to get back in the groove of what I use to do back then!
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Hiii I am a college student. I'm 18 and I'm a freshman in college. I can relate to your post a lot. I have never been "skinny" however I have been "healthy" all my life in my weight. I currently weight 185 but I'm determined to get my weight down to at least 150 for so many reasons. Especially being a college student...I want to be able to go out and feel like I'm the flyest one walking LOL. :) I'll be on your motivation team. (I'm LoLo by the way).

(My addiction would have to be FRENCH FRIES!!! Can't go without them)
  • tmhowla
    tmhowla Posts: 24
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey. Eating healthy, exercising, and drinking plenty of water is the sure way to go. Healthy Choice meals are really good. Feel free to add me if you need a support person.
  • sophiababes
    Options
    also a college student , add me in need of support
  • BretagneNoel
    Options
    I'm a college student as well (have been forever, it seems). Looking to lose about 30 pounds to get back to my swimming weight, which is where I was when I graduated high school. Hopefully MFP will really give me the jumpstart I need!
  • AIKENDE01
    Options
    Hey everyone! It is sooooo great to see all of these responses and friend requests! You all are more than welcome to add me as a friend so that we can help support eachother on our own journeys :) Hope you hear from you all soon!