22 Year Texas girl old needing to lose 65 pounds

Hello, my name is Amanda Rae, and I am on a mission to regain back my health and vitality before time runs out. Yesterday was my birthday, as well as my farewell to an unhealthy lifestyle. I have been having weight issues my entire life. I remember being off and on diets and fads and failed routines since I was in grade school. I want this time to be different. I know I am getting older, and the health scares such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer are looming over the corner unless I can get my weight in check. I've recently joined Lady of America Gym and have been testing how vegetarianism may fit my life. I'm also looking for support from others who are making some of the same changes as I am in life. I'm really looking forward to meeting others with a shared mission to lose weight and be healthy. =]

Replies

• Happy birthday!!! You can do it! good luck!
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Hi there and a happy belated birthday for yesterday :)

I am 23, from the UK (Nottingham) and hoping to lose around 83lbs altogether, 28lbs of which I hope to lose by mid-April! I've been doing My Fitness Pal since Monday and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's making me look at what I was eating, what I want to eat and what I can eat and it's helping a lot with my biggest problem, which is portion sizes! Good luck on your journey, and feel free to add me as a friend if you like :) My food diary is public so that people can see the kind of things I am eating and where I am spending my calories!
  • Thank you, for the support and birthday wishes! This website is pretty cool. I really like the no guess calorie in calorie out counter.
  • amberrrrh
    amberrrrh Posts: 63 Member
    happy late birthday. i'm 21, looking to lose about 70 more pounds. Add me if you want, for motivation and support. :)
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Happy belated birthday! I'm from Texas also and 22 and want to lose about 60-80 pounds! Hope you enjoy mfp,.i.sure have so far! Add me if you like!