2»

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil
  • ctroxell2011
    Options
    I agree with the heavy cream. Please take a second to look it up, although higher in fat and calories than milk, it has very very low carbs. I follow a low carb diet and worry less about the calorie count than the carbs, which i aim to keep under 60 a day, and usually even less. Splenda is low carb and fine if you aren't having a ton of it, I also like Truvia, which is natural and safer than splenda. Finally, unsweetened almond milk is virtually carb-less, but I'm not sure if Starbucks has it, I usually just go with the heavy cream, make sure you specifiy heavy whipping cream, which is different than saying you want heavy cream, meaning a LOT of regular cream.:)
  • MamaGLUe
    MamaGLUe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Just because i'm aware you dont want to stall any healthy weightloss and also seek optimal health iw anted to warn you against fake sweetners:

"Splenda/sucralose kills your friendly bacteria!! What this means is our immune system is compromised!!! 75% of the immune system is in your intestines and this bacteria is essential to maintain good health.

A new study shows that your fat absorbs it! This is quite different from what was previously thought. This is ultimately what is stored in your body and would contribute to the body hanging on to fat to protect it’s self from this toxin."

http://uniquehealthandwellness.com/?p=109

"Did you know if a product has ingredients that are proven carcinogens, but is less than 2% of its total makeup, that they don’t have to list it on the label!!! 98% of SUCRALOSE is chlorinated sugar but here is what makes up the 2%: Acetone, Acetic acid, Acetyl alcohol, Annmium chloride, Benzene, Chlorinated sulfates, Ethyl alcohol, Isobutyl ketones, Formaldehyde, Hydrogen chloride, Lithium chloride, Methanol(wood alcohol), Sodium methoxide, Sulfuryl chloride, Trityl chloride, Toluene, and Thionyl chloride. You might want to google some of these ingredients, you will be more horrified."

What i typically do to make my black coffee yummy is virgin coconut oil, which gives it a bit of a sweet coconut flavor without any carbs, and add a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream which has .3g of carbs and its creamy and kinda sweet. maybe try to carry a little thermos with the cream if you need to travel and they dont have true heavy whipping cream available. Any milk has had all the good fats stripped out and replaced with glucose trigger milk sugars thus making it have carbs. if you are at home and want flavor add a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of salt in the dry grounds and after the coconut oil and heavy cream it's almost like a pumpkin latte, other seasonings for baking are yummy too just go light which ever you use because its stronger than you think for a whole pot of coffee haha (the sal helps bitterness btw so even if you dont season it, salt may help you stomach it black if need be :))

hope i've helped!
    [/quote]

Bgoff115, thanks for the tip re coconut oil. I"m way in love with my morning coffee with Splenda and cream, but I don't feel super great about all the chemicals.
  • thenance007
    thenance007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used to drink my 16 oz. mug of coffee with 2 tablespoons of sugar and heavy cream. Then I wasn't hungry till 11 am. But that obviously threw my blood sugar/insulin out of control. So now I use caffeine tablets from WalMart and cut them in half. Keep a few halves on my nightstand and pop one before I get out of bed. Wakes me up, no unwanted side effects from the sugar. I love my coffee, but I'd rather not drink it at all if I can't have it the way I like it--and artificial sweeteners are nasty in my book.