Holiday Weight Gain on Maintenance

Options
I'm in maintenance and have been for a while. My weight has been between 114 and 116 since late October so I record it as 115 here. I weigh almost daily and know that there will be normal fluctuations, and I don't get upset by them. I ate over maintenance for several days during the Christmas/New Year's Holidays. Now that the holidays are over I am at 117, but I thought I'd drop back down by now. Should I revert back to less calories till I'm back at 115? Or should I assume that I will return to that weight by just returning to maintenance calories? Any advice?

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would stay on maintenance and just log everything studiously. With your level of exercise, you will probably revert back in no time. Even on maintenance, you tend to eat a little under and workout a little over your plan.
  • betterin2012
    Options
    I'm so new at this, but I would think the maintain calories would be to maintain your current weight. I personally would go on the weight loss until you reach the weight you want to maintain. I look forward to the day I have this dilemma and will turn to you for advise :)
  • betterin2012
    Options
    Advice....I meant advice!
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Your maintenance calories will go up as your weight goes up. I guess we're just talking semantics, but just keep eating what you were before and it'll get you back to where you want to be.