I've lost 30lbs thanks to my family!

Options
Allison128
Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
Ok... now I know I'm being a little silly.. but I'm just soo proud of my Cody!

Cody is my 4 year old chocolate lab. My husband and I adopted Cody when he was 9 months old from a kennel. He had a rough puppyhood!

Cody was brought into the shelter when he was 3 months old by a random man. cody was wet and smelled as if he was freshly bathed ( according to shelter volunteers). The man claimed he found the 3 month ol puppy in the street. Cody had a broken shoulder... his front right shoulder to be exact. So began his recovery.

The shelter didn't have a ton of money to invest in 1 dog...sad. So they couldn't afford surgery for Cody. They thought about amputatin the leg since it was an awful break but opted to just splint it and see what happened. He staed in the kennel for a few weeks. A wonderful volunteer saw the cute little chocolate lab and named him Cody. She took him into her own home and raised him and took him to physical therapy and all of his doctor appointments while he was recovering. Some time during his recovery and being casted... Cody hyperextened his other front leg and required another cast. Needless to say with 2 casted paws and little mobilty.... Cody was a little chunky.

We found this adorable puppy on petfinder.com. We had to adopt him because he was just so cute! He was 9 months old! When he became full grown he was over weight, after becoming over weight as a pup. He weighed 102lbs!!!! The vet strongly encouraged us to help Cody lose weight because of his old fractures and to lessen arthritis in the old fractured leg. We put Cody on a diet and walked him and took him to doggie daycare!

Maybe a year later we took him back to the vet and Cody successfully lost 30 lbs! he is 72lbs now! The entire vet office was so proud and said many owners don't listen to weightloss advice. We hopefully added years to his life! He doesn't limp as much either!

Here are some before pics. As youcan see... Cody and I were both overweight.
n1344413407_197791_7912.jpg

n1344413407_197790_7633.jpg

207577_1013485541117_1344413407_38688_7063_n.jpg

AFTER: Cody lost 30lbs! I've lost 21lbs!

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

Replies

• fanny073
    Options
    Cutest story on here!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    awww, I love this!! Congrats to you and Cody :)
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Love this so much!
  • Allison128
    Options
    Thank you!
  • nellie9
    nellie9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great weight loss story....
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Wow I truly loved reading this, thanks for sharing with us. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Meghaudi
    Options
    LOVE this story! As an avid animal lover and dog mom, I know how much of an impact dogs have in aiding weight loss. :D
  • yannasmommy145
    yannasmommy145 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    SO ADORABLE...MY DOG AND I ARE BOTH ON A WEIGHTLOSS JOURNEY SHES A POMERANIAN AND WEIGHS 12 POUNDS WHEN SHES SUPPOSE TO BE 8 MAX. HOPEFULLY WE CAN DO THIS LIKE YOU AND CODY HAVE : )
  • Allison128
    Options
    Good luck! I actually measure my dog's food... with a measuring cup. Ask your dr. what they recommend for your dog! good luck and thank you everyone!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    You and Cody both look great! Hurray for people like you (and me) who take in rescues and make sure they live the good life!:flowerforyou:
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    This story made me smile! Thanks!
  • Jene1212
    Jene1212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both you and Cody. Such a cute story.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story~~~~~~Beautiful you~~~~~Cody & you are both lucky to have each other! God bless:flowerforyou:
  • ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I was never tiny, but I wish to be - I am about your height and about your start weight. What did you do to change so much?
  • tamiwinters1
    Options
    Love love love this post! :)
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    You all look fantastic! And this was just so cute!!! Thank you for the story :)
  • Cinnamonie
    Options
    What a beautiful story, and such a wonderful dog!

You have lost about 15 years too! you look GORGEOUS!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous story! I'm a real dog lover, so loved this story. Cody is lucky to have you
  • nationalparklover
    nationalparklover Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree..awesome story. You both look great! :smile:
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story, congrats to both you and Cody!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!