I'm a little clicky.... :(

Options
Since starting weights at the gym I'm starting to get a few clicking of the bones and wondered whether my workout form is to blame for this or using to heavier weight?
Like tonight for example i did 3 sets of lateral raises 10 reps with 9kg dumbells and between my left shoulder and neck I get a click on each raise am I doing them wrong? I also find generally that my elbows and shoulders click.

Being new to weights I wanted to ask if anyone else experienced this and any advice?

Replies

• Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My elbow used to click when I was using weights. I went to a Chiropractor and he did an adjustment, now no clicky :-)
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I just click everywhere at the moment i hate it :(
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice....but I don't think it has anything to do with form. My knees CRUNCH when I do squats...it doesn't hurt. But it sounds like it should. I might try getting some glucosamine/chondroitin to see if it helps any. Don't know if it would help with clicks though :(
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice :) I'll try eating more oily fish and maybe that will help me :)
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    I always click on side lateral raises. I have gotten less clicky when I really started to take the time to stretch and foam roll. And making sure to drink adequate water.