Dumbbell help please!!

Options
I am very pathetic when it comes to arm strength and would like to build it up a little...I don't want to bulk out or anything I just want to be stronger. I've started scootering with my Huskies and I find it near impossible to pull them back when they're harnessed up...not a good mix :laugh:

First step - I have acquired a set of dumbbells buuuuuuuuuut I don't know what I'm doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• PeggysDad
    PeggysDad Posts: 105
    Options
    Do you have an iphone or an android phone? If so, check out the jefit app, it's great :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Thanks PeggysDad - I've got an iPhone and this app is exactly what I was looking for!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You are a female, you won't bulk. I've been lifting heavy for 6+ months and have yet to bulk in any area of my body. Females aren't made that way. www.bodybuilding.com has tons of free workouts.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Gym Genie is another great app for the iphone, you tell it what areas you want to work and it will show you videos of different exercises. :smile:

Ben.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ben!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Your problem isn't arm strength per se. Resisting a dog pulling on a leash would involve shoulders, back and leg strength.

You need to strengthen your entire body, and you probably don't have dumbbells heavy enough to accomplish this.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll check those out too :happy: