Calling all Jillian DVD experts :)

Options
Okay, so I'm looking to change some things up with my workout routine. I'm interested in some Jillian DVDs, but would some advice.

1. Which DVD do you think is the best?
2. Why?
3. Did you have success with it and how much?

Thanks in advance for your advice! <3

Replies

• kwheelr
    kwheelr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I JUST started the Ripped in 30 DVD and it is def a good workout! Obviously I can't report my progress yet though.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of 30 day shred and it kicked my butt day 1 & 2. Maybe you should get two or three videos and rotate so you don't get bored!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    It kind of depends on how much time you have...I've only tried a few so I'll just say why I like them and you can see if they fit your needs.

30 Day Shred is just under a half hour and is great! Even though I could easily do level 2 and most of level 3, even level 1 still kicks my butt when I haven't done it for a while.

Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is 40-50 minutes and is a good mix of body weight strength, cardio and ab moves.

No More Trouble Zones is also 40-50 minutes and is pretty much all strength. My favorite thing about this DVD is that it gives you the option of choosing certain circuits if you have less time.

I'm also planning on checking out her old school stuff - The Biggest Winner set. The only one out of this that I've tried is the Cardio Kickbox and it's pretty fun.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred and Ripped in 30. I enjoyed the 30 day shred but my husband wanted to work out to and he liked the Ripped in 30 better. I tease myself to my hubby that I am actually getting bumps on my arms (muscles are starting to show), I don't have cankles anymore (my calves are showing), I am almost down 2 pant sizes! I can say too that I end up doing these in the evenings after I have put in more than a days worth of work and I am tired so I don't always give it 100%. I am almost done with my first round of Ripped in 30. I am getting a little bored but I like it!
  • mrsleo2009
    Options
    We have 30DS. It's tough--but it works!
  • shunkawakon
    shunkawakon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    30DS has completely transformed my body, and inspired me to go onto p90x, and strength training on my own. ALso just bought 6 week 6 pack, have seen awesome results from other people on here. Thanks to JM and 30DS, I can see faint ab lines and I am determined to make them come out!!!! hahah

isn't it sad how you can get these DVD's for so cheap, less than a large pep pizza, or some huge crap burrito? haha, I don't know, I always think about that!
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love 30 DS. It is sooo versatile. I have had it for a long time and it still gives me a good workout. If it stops being challenging to you there are sooo many things you can do to switch it ip. How? Well sometimes I will do all 3 levels back to back. You can also go back and do the whole 30 DS again---but up your weights. I started with 3 and 5 lbs. I now use 8 and 10 lbs. I haven't done 30 DS in awhile because I just had a baby in August and I am now currently doing Chalean Extreme.

I also like No More Trouble Zones. As with 30 DS you can always change it by upping your weights so there will always be a challenge.

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is a very intense cardio workout. It took me awhile to actually get through the whole thing. I have had it since it came out and I still find it challenging. It is also versatile. Sometimes I will do all 7 circuits and then go back and add another circuit or 2 for some extra challenge.

I also just recently bought some of her other dvds, but I haven't really tried them yet. Hope you find this helpful:smile: .
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well her videos are all good for toning. If you are trying to lose fat, however, may I suggest her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD? It's got cardio as well and that's what you'll need.

I did her videos for three months and while I saw nice tone in my stomach, arms, legs, etc. I still had fat on top of it all. Cardio is now the order of the day (mostly).
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I would start with 30DS then move into the Ripped in 30. But it really depends on you. I promise you will see a difference!
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I've heard EVERYONE talk about her 30 day shred! I just bought it today actually and it'll be here on Monday! I can't wait!

It was cheap...$6.99 and free shipping.

From what I've seen on MFP and the reviews I read on Amazon....this is one heck of a workout which will give great results!!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I would say go for Ripped in 30. First of all you get the most workouts. You get 4 levels whereas with most of the others you get 2 or max 3 (as in the Shred). Also I prefer Ripped in 30 in comparison to the Shred because she recommends to do the workouts about 5-6 times a week and then if you feel ready move on to the next level. The Shred is recommend to go all the way straight. Plus she improved her 3-2-1 system for Ripped. I have made it to level 3 in the past and had brilliant results with my strength really increasing! I just feel Ripped is best value for money and the least likely one to get bored as you move on to the next level after 5-6 days. The weeks just seem to fly by.

That is just my opinion. I personally have all of her DVD's and I think you can't go wrong with any of them :smile: