Exercise tips & suggestions for the stomach and thigh area??

Options
Really in need of exercise tips & suggestions for the stomach and thigh area. Those are the two places my weight hit the hardest.

Any suggestions on what i should do for those areas?

Replies

• cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am sooo glad you posted this I am very interested my belly thighs and butt are my problem areas. I would love to see some tips.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I imagine you'll get a lot of responses about not being able to spot reduce fat, and that is true. So I guess my advice is a moderate deficit and some cardio to reduce fat all over, and then things like lunges, squats, and anything that will strengthen your core(there are a LOT of options on that one..)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges. Zumba is great for your core. Walking or running.
  • lobearjw
    Options
    Thankfully I have Zumba for Wii here at home. How about Leslies Walk Away The Pounds?!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I agree you cannot spot reduce, I wish you could!

If you're looking for just floor exercises, planks are great for your abs, there are many variations on them as well.

Squats and lunges are great for your quads and glutes as well.

We did an exercise in a class I took this morning where you got down on all fours and hooked a hand weight behind one knee and pressed your foot upward. It really targetted my glutes, I'll be feeling that for sure in the AM!!!!!

Another thing I have found that it great for the glutes is walking at a pretty steep incline on the treadmill.

Hope that helps!!!!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    If you have Wii, Exerbeat has a good selection of pilates floor exercises and also in latin dance section you do one think it was meringue that is alot of standing on balance board and shaking your hips (kind of like belly dancing) my friend did it on mine (as I'm wheelchair user) it was hilarious watching her from behind as she's not the most co-ordinated person I was in hysterics :laugh: but don't let that put you off!!

Everyone one here seems to recommend the 30 day shred for losing inches and pounds.
  • macsheri
    macsheri Posts: 1
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred?
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's a workout DVD I've just ordered it from amazon.. Look on you tube plenty of clips on there