Strength Training

Options
Why is my strength training not reducing my calories?

I logged in a ton of exercises but it didn't take anything off?

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you meant it would add calories. Why would it take any off after exercise?

But to get your calories burned to show: Cardio section - "strength training (weight lifting..weight training)"

The strength training section is more to keep track of reps..sets..weight etc
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    you'd have to log it under the cardio entries for strength training.

The calories one burns during strength training are a little complex and based on a number of factors that vary from person to person and their workouts. It would be pretty difficult for MFP to come up with a system to try to log them, but they probably still want to give people the option of recording them for their own records. Hence the strength training doesn't have a calorie count associated with it, but if you want to log those calories there are estimates in the cardio sections.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    You have to sign up for the MFP Platinum plan to get that. It's kinda expensive, but all the extras are well worth the money.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    You have to sign up for the MFP Platinum plan to get that. It's kinda expensive, but all the extras are well worth the money.

Wow you have Platinum?! I just got gold so i have some of the newer features, but i can't afford Platinum ):
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    you'd have to log it under the cardio entries for strength training.

The calories one burns during strength training are a little complex and based on a number of factors that vary from person to person and their workouts. It would be pretty difficult for MFP to come up with a system to try to log them, but they probably still want to give people the option of recording them for their own records. Hence the strength training doesn't have a calorie count associated with it, but if you want to log those calories there are estimates in the cardio sections.

YES....this ^^^^^^

tinyjourney logs this way....you know me I am a weight lifting weakling so I dont log yet...soon my friend!!!!!
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Reporting in:

Bench: 265
    Squat: 315
    Dead-Lift: 405
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    mfp doesnt give strength training cals because its too hard to generalise. it all depends on how much you lift, how efficient you are, how much effort etc. too many variables so if you want them either use hrm readings or log it under cardio
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options

ROFLMAO! Whats the deal? My Sapphire upgrade only gives me printable reports! Not even cool! I want to add strength training calories!