Does Hydroxycut really work?

Options
I have about 28lbs to lose. I am working out and I am eating right but I was thinking of trying some Hydroxycut Advanced for Women just to speed the process up. If anyone has tried it please let me know the results.

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    No.

Stick with a proper diet, rest, and excersize.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No.

Ditto. Don't waste your money.
  • jenn_is_trouble
    Options
    These kinds of threads are popping up like crazy!

IMO, just follow your calorie goals and exercise... there are no shortcuts (healthy shorcuts anyway).

And isn't Hydroxycut just glorified speed?!

*EDIT*

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm152152.htm

Probably not a good idea...
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    No.

Ditto. Don't waste your money.

Agreed
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    These kinds of threads are popping up like crazy!

It's the new year-- everyone is joining to lose the holiday weight and they all want to do it as quickly as possible.
  • ruthie8571
    Options
    you will never find anyone on myfitness pal promoting weight loss pills... this one really DOES work.. 16 lbs in 3 weeks and counting!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No

ETA: Whoa! I thought it was a month bump. Not a full blown dead for two years necrobump!
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying the weight won't come off but keeping it off is another thing. You can also loose weight by getting addicted to heroin. Diet pills are glorified speed as someone put it.

I abused the hell out of diet pills and as such my weight has flucuated from 225lbs - 90lbs and I have been hospitalized multiple times due to complications. The scariest was going into cardiac arrest due to my body being stripped of pottasium. I feel like it has done lasting damage to my metabolism and heart palpations since. One of my fall backs was hydroxycut. Aim for healthy lifestyle changes and save your money.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Use them alongside a good diet and exercise they are no magic diet pill I like them though I have 2 in the morning before my walk to help burn more fat and then I do a weights session in the afternoon.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    It used to be effective, till the FDA pulled it and demanded that the effective ingredient be eliminated due to liver and kidney stresses.

SIGH. /sarcasm.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No, but it would probably be an effective way of poisoning small animals and babies
    You feel me?
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I think it is all in your mind....you THINK it will work, but it is really all about you.....
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I wont tell anyone to use or not use any product. I will share with you this though. I used it several years ago and would not do it again if you paid me. My heart constantly felt like it was in a race..........
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No

ETA: Whoa! I thought it was a month bump. Not a full blown dead for two years necrobump!

Haha! Wow....this post is old as heck.... No more necrobump'n
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    No, it doesn't work.

It's a waste of money and a scam.

The side effects are not pleasant. Many individuals who take it will call 911 because they think they are having a heart attack from how fast their heart is beating.

Just eat at a calorie deficit, exercise, weigh all foods, and you will lose weight.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Thought I was losing it for a minute because I didn't remember replying to this but there I am twice on this page.

Checked the date. Oh.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    No.

This

Tried it years ago. Doesn't work. I lost the same as I would had I not taken it. Waste of money plus, at least with me, I crashed and gained it all back plus some.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    For the ultimate in heart attack simulation try Hydroxycut.

Myocardial infarction simulation guaranteed or your money back.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It is pretty much an asinine amount of caffeine and some other stuff jammed in a pill. It will give you energy and a heart attack probably.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    It's good at emptying your hard earned money that's about it.... You would be better off, eating within a calorie deficit and get moving, works much better and you can save that money for better thing.... Best of Luck